"Cannot Download" App not compatible with your devise...

Reaction score
I'm running iOS 8.3 on an iPhone... my P3P is staring at me...but I would like the app so I can practice on the sim and have a better flight experience.

Thoughts?

What kind of iPhone?

Iphone 5, I can't tell if it's an "s" or not. Sadly I'm using my wife's phone until I get a tablet specifically for the p3p

If an iPhone 5, it has an A6 processor. You need a device with an A7 or A8 processor.

You could also do this -- but, don't expect the best performance out of the DJI Pilot app:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I see, I appreciate the advise and quick response. I'll check to see if I can figure out what processor this thing has and if it's the A6...I might try using the vid above. Have you heard of any flyaways or loss of control using if forcing the app?

Nope. I have heard people say the DJI Pilot app lags and or locks up sometimes though.

Reactions: BurntOrange7
Just watched some reviews of doing such things. I thank you Very Much for the info but will be looking to get a tablet asap. Thank You Again

The Phantom is controlled by the remote controller though. So, you should be fine even if the DJI Pilot app does lag and/or lock up. Well, as long as you can see your Phantom :)

That's very true. I'll see what my options are at the local store and make a decision. If I choose to download and fly, I'll post the results.

Thank You Again M

From my research the iPhone 5 (A6) and the iPad 4, (A6X) work well with the above workaround... I would try it and test it out with your phantom on the ground before you by a tablet... If it lags on the ground and your not comfortable flying then get a tablet, but if it works reasonably well you could save yourself $200.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic