CANADA TO KEY WEST - Amazing Drone Footage (DJI Phantom)

I just usually use the automatic settings, but I swear by PolarPro camera filters, which allow me to manually change the shutter speed to have smoother and cleaner video footage. I either use a Polarizer, an ND4, or an ND8 filter to do this.
You can manually change the shutter speed with or without an ND filter.

This may be a stupid question but how do you know what ND to use when?
Not stupid at all! I had no clue either when I was buying them. You usually decide which filter to use according to how bright of a day it is. If it's partially cloudy, I go with either of them but if it's mostly cloudy I'll go ND4 and if it's mostly sunny, I'll go with the ND8. For very, very bright sun or when flying over water where glare becomes a factor, an ND16 filter can be used, but that is a really dark filter, so I barely ever use it.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
You can manually change the shutter speed with or without an ND filter.
Yup I know, but with an ND filter, you can bring it down much more and get better footage. If I don't have a filter on, I usually don't bother with it, because it's a minuscule difference in video quality and takes longer to find a good speed.

Reactions: Pharm
Not stupid at all! I had no clue either when I was buying them. You usually decide which filter to use according to how bright of a day it is. If it's partially cloudy, I go with either of them but if it's mostly cloudy I'll go ND4 and if it's mostly sunny, I'll go with the ND8. For very, very bright sun or when flying over water where glare becomes a factor, an ND16 filter can be used, but that is a really dark filter, so I barely ever use it.
Yea I have ND4 and 8 and a polerisor I think it's called. Never used them before. What it the polerisor for? I think that's what it's called.

Yea I have ND4 and 8 and a polerisor I think it's called. Never used them before. What it the polerisor for? I think that's what it's called.
A polarizer is good for managing glare and darkening your footage or images (similar to ND filters). I know most people use polarizers over lakes or bodies of water to give the water a darker look and to get rid of sun glare on the water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.