Can you use the booster app on a non plus ver. running an RE 700?

Reaction score
Just wondering if the booster apps made for the vision2 plus version would work on a non plus vision 2 if I'm using the RE 700 range extender?

I tried and didn't have any luck with it .
I also read in here awhile back that it isn't wise to as our Wi-Fi's are set up different .

Reactions: Clampit
Very interesting reading, I must admit I thought the same thing as Okie72. I have the standard booster app which works ok but the one for the V+ is far superior with extras also:(

Thanks dirk for your input;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Very interesting reading, I must admit I thought the same thing as Okie72. I have the standard booster app which works ok but the one for the V+ is far superior with extras also:(

Thanks dirk for your input;)
It had something to do with our cameras being different and might can find where it was being talked about when that booster came out . It was not recommended for us to try it but I did anyway and stopped pretty quick ;) Wasted that money but has not been the first time eh !!

It had something to do with our cameras being different and might can find where it was being talked about when that booster came out . It was not recommended for us to try it but I did anyway and stopped pretty quick ;) Wasted that money but has not been the first time eh !!

Ditto dirk regarding wasting money;) I get ribbed all the time about that..:eek:

Soooo anyways, we should leave well alone then.;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Ditto dirk regarding wasting money;) I get ribbed all the time about that..:eek:

Soooo anyways, we should leave well alone then.;)
Yep Porky !
We pushing it using the 700 with our Vision's as it is .
If I remember correctly I could never stay connected to my app and that seemed to drop when I most needed it.:eek:

Know what you mean;) better to be safe than sorry;)

You know what they say "if in doubt leave it out!:D

Last edited:
I use Vision plus boosting apps all the time with my Vision I dont have a problem with it. I have the regular Vision record flight on flytrex 3.3 miles

What wifi repeater are you using, RE500 or 700? I've only got the 500.

Dirk, any help here?

I've got the RE 700 I thought that is what u were talking about if u have an RE 500 just go with the boosting app made for the phantom 2 Vision there is one purpose built for the Vision Litchi is compatible I believe but don't quote me on that though.

I have antenna mods on mine birdside FPVLR control and FPV plus my tx and extender are modded as well. dont let anybody tell ya that the vision cant get big range numbers I just topped my old record this morning 3.6 miles I use boosting software made for the Vision plus everytime I fly.

Yep I've already got the booster app but i was interested to see if I could use the V+ app that's far superior to the non + app;)

Yep just got the stock RE500;)

I have antenna mods on mine birdside FPVLR control and FPV plus my tx and extender are modded as well. dont let anybody tell ya that the vision cant get big range numbers I just topped my old record this morning 3.6 miles I use boosting software made for the Vision plus everytime I fly.

Blimey, that's some distance, best I've had is 900 odd feet....... Not a scratch on yours. Will say though my setup is all stock, neeeed toooo do some upgrading:D

Yeah if you are willing to put the work in the Vision can be just as good of a long range drone as a Vision Plus.:D

I would love to upgrade mine but my good lady wife wIll not let me spend any more money on my hobby:( I've had a new RPG, batteries, carry case , sun screen 3 port battery charger, the list goes on:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.