Can you steal a drone from the air with another remote control or other technique?

I remember seeing a video testing some kind of device that could shut down a drone in midair and caused it to drop like a rock. I believe it was a Phantom they were using. I'll see if I can find the video again.

Please do.

However one must remain skeptical.

How hard is it to point an item at it and then kill the motors while videotaping?
Not hard at all and really isn’t proof of anything.

Very true. I couldn't figure out how they could do it. Maybe by duplicating the motor shutdown stick command.

Depends on radio type but if it’s a contemporary spread-spectrum system, doubtful.

Your know...these high powered pellet rifles are quite silence..and they have scopes on them...Forget the jammer....a few well aimed pellets would drop it down and then its trashed !......here on this site ive read about a drone being shot down !

Man takes drone out for a sunset flight, drone gets shot down

I think they can.

These people from the Ukraine pulled my Phantom 4 from the sky from a distance of of more than 3 km. You do need some heavy remote control stuff though. They came to Bateleur Nature Reserve to demonstrate what they could do to, what I presume, are local arms manufactures. They came to my place far enough from any built up area, or airfields. They reckoned drones and similar equipment as theirs are used extensively in Syria and the Ukraine.

Attachments

• BOYS TOYS.jpg
    BOYS TOYS.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 7,851
Yea these do exist. They will indiscriminately jam singnals in beam path initating RTH.
They’re not FCC approved and for use in USA only by Federal or Military.

Please, what is your point?
just to show there are device to take down a drone easily. If you are half decent with electronic, a jammer is a half day project.

if you have legal reasons for jammer, eg security agent for oil refinery, you will have no trouble getting the jammer.

before you quote some random text from FAA manual, have you considered people flying the drone illegally despite FAA regulations prohibit drone flying illegally.

Like I need another model... hahaha

No, I’m thinking about gifting a few of my drones.

Having 3 nephews, old enough to appreciate them.

going back a few years when I was in the army we had equipment that could black out all radio signals no matter the frequency it would just overpower everything within a couple of miles including radio and TV stations nothing would work also we had a separate device that would attempt to give every digital code to every frequency we were using it to try and set off IEDs before we attempted to defuse them if the second device did not set it off we then used the first device to block the people who were trying to blow us up whilst defusing them I bet with these types of devices that they could get any drone down to the ground, it didn't matter that they were set to head for home as as soon as you block every signal it also includes the GPS signal's so the drone would not know which way to go .

going back a few years when I was in the army we had equipment that could black out all radio signals no matter the frequency it would just overpower everything within a couple of miles including radio and TV stations nothing would work also we had a separate device that would attempt to give every digital code to every frequency we were using it to try and set off IEDs before we attempted to defuse them if the second device did not set it off we then used the first device to block the people who were trying to blow us up whilst defusing them I bet with these types of devices that they could get any drone down to the ground, it didn't matter that they were set to head for home as as soon as you block every signal it also includes the GPS signal's so the drone would not know which way to go .

GPS satellites transmit navigation data on two different carriers: 1.2276 GHz and 1.57542 GHz.
This is a simplified block diagram of a GPS satellite transmitter.

main-qimg-d7d5c513bfe791bf9a487e2cfc99afe7-c.jpg

The GPS transmitters use a spreadspectrum technology with two pseudorandom codes: C/A code and P code (or encrypted P code).
Since only the description of the 1.57542 GHz transmitter using C/A code is of public domain, civilian GPS receivers can only receive and decode the navigation data transmitted on this carrier.
On the contrary military GPS receivers have access to both carriers. The military GPS signal is much more protected than the civilian one. In fact, while the C/A pseudorandom code has a repetition period of only 1 ms, the P code repeats after a much longer period of time: 7 days. Moreover the P code can be encrypted. This means that the P code and even more the encrypted P code are extremely hard to break. Trying to clone the military GPS signal to send fake info is almost impossible.
However, we need to remember that the power of the GPS signal for both carriers is extremely weak, when it reaches the receiver. It is at the level of ambient electromagnetic noise or sometimes even lower. This means that it can be jammed.

the device we use to use would blank out every frequency it was a multi frequency transmitter blanking all of them at the same time but I accept that it was a few years ago and if you picked any that had never been used then you may have been able to get through all frequencies that were in common use were covered, also it could be set up in a listening mode and then could be set to just the odd ones you picked out like 1.2, 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz but most of the time we just turned it on all frequencies as it was safer that way we use to get quite a few complaints especially if we used it in a city only hard wired phones would work along with hard wired IEDs which was why we use to do a full circle search around any device we were going to disable .

Reactions: Csödörös
the device we use to use would blank out every frequency it was a multi frequency transmitter blanking all of them at the same time but I accept that it was a few years ago and if you picked any that had never been used then you may have been able to get through all frequencies that were in common use were covered, also it could be set up in a listening mode and then could be set to just the odd ones you picked out like 1.2, 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz but most of the time we just turned it on all frequencies as it was safer that way we use to get quite a few complaints especially if we used it in a city only hard wired phones would work along with hard wired IEDs which was why we use to do a full circle search around any device we were going to disable .
What branch of the military did you serve in?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20