Can the SD card file size be increased?

Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the number? The max file number on the SD card is 0999 and I hate when I am shooting pictures and it goes from 0999 back to 0001. It always creates two folders and import becomes a pain. Is there a fix or is it just the DJI way?

Thanks
Stephen

Is there a way to increase the number?
If I had to guess, I would say that is controlled by firmware and not changeable. I would look at it like the files on a DSLR which are done in a similar manner.

Is there a way to increase the number? The max file number on the SD card is 0999 and I hate when I am shooting pictures and it goes from 0999 back to 0001. It always creates two folders and import becomes a pain. Is there a fix or is it just the DJI way?

Thanks
Stephen
You only have two options (AFAIK). It can either keep going up until it resets at 999 or it can increment from the last file on card. If you swap cards or move files from the card before the flight, you can keep that set in the sequence.

I store my media in year/month folders and I don't shoot enough to roll over withing a month.

Another option would be to use a script or app to rename the files when you take them off the card. Then you could use a naming scheme like what you see on a smart phone. The file name would include the date and time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav