Can phantom 4 be updated to get the same flight time as phantom 4 pro?

Reaction score
What gives the phantom 4 pro better flight time than the standard phantom four? is it a bigger battery or better motors or something like that? does anyone know if the P for standard one can be updated to get the same flight time is the P for pro?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The new P4 battery has a higher capacity. You can use this new battery in the P4 too.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I personally can't justify the price of the 4pro comparing it to the p4.
The p4 is an awesome piece of kit and has served me many, many good flights and fantastic footage.
I am not jumping to purchase .
Anyone else with the same opinion?
B

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Nard
The price seems on par to me. Then again, I did pay $1,399 for my P4.

What gives the phantom 4 pro better flight time than the standard phantom four? is it a bigger battery or better motors or something like that? does anyone know if the P for standard one can be updated to get the same flight time is the P for pro?

Looks like the new Phantom 4 Pro went from a 4S-5350mAh battery in the P4, to a 4S-5870mAh battery in the P4P to squeeze out a few more minutes.

I thought about purchasing the mavic.
What put me off was the size of it and wondered if it could manage 25mph winds!
I do not fly with the p4 if wind is over 25mph.
What people forget is the wind speed at ground level maybe 15mph but put the quad even 100 feet up the wind is significantly stronger.
The mavic in my opinion is a good compact quad but very small and could it manage to compete with the p4 in strong wind?
B

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The p4 is an awesome piece of kit and has served me many, many good flights and fantastic footage.
I am not jumping to purchase .
Anyone else with the same opinion?
B

Boydy1, why some would sell their P4 for the new P4P would be mainly for the new 1" - 20mp camera sensor. It's the biggest difference in the added features I think. If you have need for it. The camera is physically a little bigger than the P4's camera, same FOV, but higher ISO settings with less noise. It's still a personal choice.

Yes you can.The batteries are the same and you can use them on both phantom's.

Off topic I'm wondering if the p4p camera can be retro fitted to the p4.
Highly doubt it. Considering the new camera needs new processing chips to handle the data demands...that would mean a swap of the board itself, which is designed totally different because of all the new sensors' circuitry. It won't be as simple as just swapping the gimbal and camera.

Reactions: QuadBart
I thought about purchasing the mavic.
What put me off was the size of it and wondered if it could manage 25mph winds!
I do not fly with the p4 if wind is over 25mph.
What people forget is the wind speed at ground level maybe 15mph but put the quad even 100 feet up the wind is significantly stronger.
The mavic in my opinion is a good compact quad but very small and could it manage to compete with the p4 in strong wind?

I live on a Island in southeast Alaska and it's always windy so I fly in the wind all the time to see what kind of top speed I can get!! The P4 is very solid in wind IMO. Top speed so far is 63mph with the wind. I have also been flying in the rain more and more I know it's not recommended but so far so good the camera gets water on it and it can get hard to see when flying FPV but I just use the map and gps to bring it in when it gets to bad! I don't fly in down pours but definitely have put quite a few miles on the P4 flying in the rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Phan

Reactions: iSilentP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.