Can my P4 be saved?

Do you think DJI would do any service on this, since I had the DJI care and I had some issues before the crash (that would have been covered by the warranty) will they cover ANYTHING?

Would opening it up to rinse the inside void the warranty?
If you have DJI Care then DJI will fix/replace it up to the Care amount left, so if you have't used the DJI Care you should have $1,399 towards repair/replacement. I suppose if one decided to just tear there P4 apart then maybe DJI wouldn't be happy but, I wouldn't even try to clean it you should send it to DJI for the claim against the Care program.

Water and drones game over man, game over.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

One whole month underwater, imagine the corrosion on the motherboard, camera, contacts - everywhere. Either send it to DJI and claim your warranty (or dji care) or as a last resort, disassemble it and clean every part with alcohol or distilled water, then let it dry for at least 3 days. Don't keep your hopes up though.

You can save two propellers and a few plastic parts, that is about it. Flying it tunnels can be a Very Bad Thing. You have no GPS at all, and control signals can get pretty wonky.

Contacted DJI today, they told me to rinse it off and they are sending a pre paid return label, remains to be seen what if anything can be done.

He has DJI Care. It will cover the cost and they will repair/replace it at no charge since you haven't used DJI Care yet. That's why you spend the extra money and buy DJI Care. You can fly without worry of crashing. Great that you found it!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can save two propellers and a few plastic parts, that is about it. Flying it tunnels can be a Very Bad Thing. You have no GPS at all, and control signals can get pretty wonky.
Most new SD cards are water proof too... so he has that going for him :)

OK, what am I missing here. If you have DJi Care it doesn't matter. It covers operator error. They will cover it if you have DJI Care.

Reactions: Stealthmatt
OK, what am I missing here. If you have DJi Care it doesn't matter. It covers operator error. They will cover it if you have DJI Care.
Yeah, I am not getting this either.

Warranty, no it will not be covered.

DJI care, yes it will be covered.

Edit: looks like water damage is not covered...
water.PNG

Attachments

• djicare.PNG
    djicare.PNG
    135 KB · Views: 415
Hi.
I'm new here, and maybe a bit late to answer you. But have a look on this picture.
They say "pilot error".
Go for a try!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 502

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members