can i fly my dji standard without the camera installed? cant fly over 100ft cant keep parameters set

Reaction score
after a hard landing. my camera disconnected. now i cant fly barely 100ft. obviously no picture. just want to get my parameters,modes and settings to stay where i set them. goes back to 0. any way around this? dont care much about videos right now. just want a fast enjoyable flight?

Is the gimbal still hooked up?

What color are the status lights on the remote and the phantom?

Do you get telemetry?

Rod

yes the gimbal is intact. both antenna wires and the grey wires are all attached . plugged in. the colors , once star up r yellow. flashing. hear a faint beep sound. so i guess gimbal is ok. snaps , rubber grasp did not dislogged. just the camera , thus splitting the ribbon. remote r green lights. connected. i can fly it after this "hard landing". once take off green lights r on back of battery and tail end. i can wait hopefully to replace the ribbon. camera once back on. pops right back on.

if i pop the camera on. . without no full ribbon connection is whats causing the camera from ' adjusting" , once powered on? and those beeps. the gimbal briefly flashes orange /red . if i almost touch the ribbon where it split, i hear some "power sound from the camera. i just want to know if there is a way to set the perarmiters with out access to the camera and app. what am i missing. RTN WORKS. BUT CANT REACH 100 FT. PLUS LEFT TO RIGHT IS THROWN OFF? HELP IS APPRECIATED.

My questions from above.

1) What color are the status lights on the remote and the phantom?
The Phantom status light is next to the link button, not the lights on the battery.

2) Do you get telemetry?
The data from the Phantom, signal strength, power levels, GPS status, etc?

"I just want to know if there is a way to set the perarmiters with out access to the camera and app"
You didn't ask this in your first post. There is no way you adjust settings on the Phantom without the app.

Also very hard for me to follow your English. ;)

Rod

SORRY . THANKS FOR HELPING ME. MY TERMINOLOGY IS MINIMAL. YES THE LIGHT BY THE CONNECT BUTTON R FLASHING YELLOW. STARTING EVERYTHING UP. I CONNECT TO PHANTOM GO APP ON WI FI. BUT STILL OBVIOUSLY NO PICTURE. WHEN IT BRING UP A BLANK SHOT . WONT CALIBRATE COMPASS., WITH OUT THE RIBBON. FULLY CONNECTED IT SEEMS IM STUCK WITH FLYING ALMOST AS IF I AM IN BEGINNER MODE.

ALSO FLIGHT MODES WONT KEEP, TELEMENTARY. NO. I CAN ACCESS THE APP. BUT APP DOES NOT ALLOW ANY PERSONAL SETTING TO STAY PUT. ONCE YOU CHECK THE STATUS. DUE TO NO CAMERA. THE SD CARD IS STILL IN AND STILL SHOWING DRONE IS WHERE IT CRASHED.? NOT IN MY HOME?

"YES THE LIGHT BY THE CONNECT BUTTON R FLASHING YELLOW."
Sounds like your talking about the lights on the back, not the connection status light underneath. Its ether Red Green or Flashing Red if you press the link button in the same hole as the light.

Anyways, you not getting necessary data back from the Phantom for the app to communicate to it.

Rod

THE CONTROLLER IS LINKED TO THE DRONE. I KNOW ABOUT LINKING THE REMOTE TO DRONE BY THE LINK BUTTON. ITS RED UNTIL LINKED THAN TURNS GREEN I .HAVE NO TROUBLE WITH THIS. U R RIGHT THE TAIL LIGHTS IN BACK FLASH FROM GREEN TO FLASHING YELLOW/ IF I SWITCH TO ATTI MODE. THE LIGHTS R GREEN ONCE I TAKE OFF.
I AM NOT USING THE APP AT ALL WHILE FLYING .IT WONT LET ME SET MY PREFERENCES. TECH TOD ME TO DELETE APP AND REINSTALL? TOTALLY WRONG. ALL OF THIS DO TO THE CAMERA DISLODGING? HEARD IT IS THE MOST COMMON "WEAR N TEAR " PROBLEMS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj