Can I use the DJI app on my p2v+ without a camera & gimble

Reaction score
I want to know if I can use the DJI app with my phantom 2v+ (V3) Drone (without a camera and gimble) to get at least some of the info to show up. Or does the info come from the camera or gimble? Right now all I have is the drone, which I bought new but without anything extra. Ive downloaded the app but I dont know if it will hook up to my drone if there is no camera present. Can someone help me out here to understand how this works. Right now I just cant afford to shell out 100's of dollars to buy the camera and gimbal but maybe in the future I can work on getting one thing at a time, even if they are used! Thanks for y'all help!

If you have downloaded the DJI vision app for the P2V+ and connect, you will see some telemetry, such as height and distance, and connected sats. You may pick up on some other features as well such as GPS coordinates and find my Phantom should you loose it. You will also be able to fly some way points.
You need to also understand what the led sequences are as well.
Be sure to go to DJI's site and get the P2 assistant software for calibrating the craft such as the IMU and getting proper battery stats.
Good luck.

I want to know if I can use the DJI app with my phantom 2v+ (V3) Drone (without a camera and gimble) to get at least some of the info to show up. Or does the info come from the camera or gimble? Right now all I have is the drone, which I bought new but without anything extra. Ive downloaded the app but I dont know if it will hook up to my drone if there is no camera present. Can someone help me out here to understand how this works. Right now I just cant afford to shell out 100's of dollars to buy the camera and gimbal but maybe in the future I can work on getting one thing at a time, even if they are used! Thanks for y'all help!
Bypass the gimbal board. The gimbal board acts as a bridge to power up the wifi module. No gimbal board = no power to the wifi module = no telemetry.

You need to do half the mod in the link provided below. No soldering is required. You will need to redirect 1 cable from the wifi module to the CAM port. Look for the widest cable on the wifi module. Pull it up and plug into the CAM port. Its all plug and play. This will now give the wifi module power. Now use an android phone and connect as per norm and it will give you radar, telemetry etc but NO video.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups

Any idea why this mod doesn't work for with the iOS app? Is there any way to resolve that. I am in the Apple realm (for better or worse) and this mod makes perfect sense, and I completed it: but to no avail...apparently because I have an iPhone. Any thoughts?

Any idea why this mod doesn't work for with the iOS app? Is there any way to resolve that. I am in the Apple realm (for better or worse) and this mod makes perfect sense, and I completed it: but to no avail...apparently because I have an iPhone. Any thoughts?

The platform is irrelevant, if it works on android it should work on IOS.

The platform is irrelevant, if it works on android it should work on IOS.
I had read throughout this forum as well as others that this mod works for the Android platform and not for iOS.
So I borrowed a friend's Samsung this morning, and indeed it DID work on his phone, but not on my iPhone. So I can say that unfortunately the platform does matter. Any thoughts out there as to this weird anomaly?

Well you live and learn, still can't see why it shouldn't work, I hope someone can help you out mate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj