Can anyone tell me how to get my P4P v2 go faster?

Thanks Ansia. But a while ago someone had a "work around" but I lost the link. It is not recommended by DJI but it's doable. Just would be nice on occasion to switch the work around on then off.

I have driven around Europe, but would hate to rent a car and drive on the opposite side of the road. I would be afraid of making a mistake in a moment of “”””””””””!
I'd be so confused, I wouldn't know whether to $h!t or go blind! I have a little Honda right-hand drive that's a blast to drive on the farm, but it don't get on the highway!

Reactions: Capt KO
have you been able to do that Meta4? Even with a tailwind I can't get over the low 70s.
Standard operating practice when going out and back with a good breeze blowing one way.
Obviously best when the wind is blowing you back.
If you are going that way and the wind is too .... hitch a ride.
Here's a screenshot from a flight last week, 27 m/s = 97 km/h with a wind around 16-17 knots.
i-3swwsQQ-L.jpg

Or my fastest was 30.7 m/s = 110 km/h in 20+ knots
i-ndh4LxC-L.jpg

Excellent Meta4, thanks. looks like you were in Attitude mode, is that right?
That's what I mentioned in post #3
In P-GPS with a very strong tailwind the Phantom will only go a little faster than its normal top speed.
But flicking to atti mode takes the brakes off.

I have driven around Europe, but would hate to rent a car and drive on the opposite side of the road. I would be afraid of making a mistake in a moment of “”””””””””!
I tried it in Grand Cayman and couldn't do it, almost crashed head-on after a U turn. My wife had to drive for the rest of the week cuz she had no problem. Left hand brain I guess. Go Lefty's!

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Crazy people had driving on the left but their cars had steering for driving on the right side. No sense

Reactions: Shoot4fun
On all the P4 variants you get the highest speeds in Sports mode. Also speed is slowed down when using obstacle avoidance. However the main point of the P4 system is stability, not speed. It's designed as a flying camera platform, not a racing drone.

If you want really fast, get a racing drone with a GoPro camera on it, not the P4.

It isn’t the first, and sadly won’t be the last time that tourists from the continent come over to UK and end up driving and crashing on the “wrong” side of the roads. Usually it ends up in fatalities for the tourists and residents due to the head-on closing speeds which can be up to 140 mph. A left hand car driving on a left hand road is trouble waiting to happen. Overtaking can be treacherous due to angle of vision. I have done the opposite before, taken a van over to Europe and was glad to get back home. At least I had a better view and the roads were without the head on traps.
Some of the more remote parts have dual (2x2) carriageways which switch to single (1x1) roads. It isn’t just tourists, lack of attention of any driver gets caught out and cause another head on crash. Believe me there have been many appeals to make all dual carriageways continuous without these traps. Seems to take a quota of death or injuries to get the improvements made.

There's an app called "NLD" you can get here that allows you to change many of the "non-adjustable" parameters including top speed, and angle on the P4P V2. I believe it's around $45

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20