Can a minor crash damage motors?

Reaction score
I crashed today from two or three feet altitude (long, sad story). I stopped the motors as fast as I could but it took 4-5 seconds. Three of the props had pieces broken off them. Since most, if not all, of the props were stuck against the ground or in branches and not spinning, can this damage the motors or is there some kind of failsafe mode where power to the motors shut off if there is too much load? After checking everything out I flew it again and it seems to be fine. I'm just wondering what happens to the motors if the aircraft is running with power but the props can't move.

The ESCs usually burn up before the motors. It sounds like you lucked out and only damaged the props though.

Prop guards might have eliminated your issue...

I had a similar situation with my new P3 where the props had dug in the ground and prevented two motors from spinning. Motors got steaming hot, I actually burnt my finger on one. Needless to say the motors are now junk. Gotta try find replacements.

Was this before or after you crashed your immaculate phantom into the pond?

I had a crash today and my P3 bowed out like yours I used my thumb to push it back now it's hardly noticeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.