Camera viewing on two iOS devices

Reaction score
I tried using my iPhone 6S and my iPad at the same time to view though my Phantom 3S camera. It would only let me look though the Phantoms camera though one device at a time. I could turn off the Wi-Fi on the device the had the camera and the other would pick it up right away. My idea was that one person could control the ship while the other would have command of the camera and could snap photos or toggle between the camera and the video.

Has anyone tried this and had it work? Does the Advanced or the Professional have this capability?

ATP, CFII, MEI, RPO
Part 121, 135, and 91 Corporate Pilot
30 years of exploration.

I tried using my iPhone 6S and my iPad at the same time to view though my Phantom 3S camera. It would only let me look though the Phantoms camera though one device at a time. I could turn off the Wi-Fi on the device the had the camera and the other would pick it up right away. My idea was that one person could control the ship while the other would have command of the camera and could snap photos or toggle between the camera and the video.

Has anyone tried this and had it work? Does the Advanced or the Professional have this capability?

ATP, CFII, MEI, RPO
Part 121, 135, and 91 Corporate Pilot
30 years of exploration.

You can use the litchi app to do this as far as I know that is the only way to view on 2 devices at once

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do you need to pay for 2 copies of Litchi then?????

Litchi is licensed by the user and the OS. So one license would cover your phone and your iPad. If you wanted to run one copy on an Android device or if the iPad was using a different iTunes account than the iPhone, then you would need an additional license.

Reactions: Philltayl
It says compatible with phantom 3 advanced and Pro. So no go for the Standard I guess?

It looks like Litchi Vue uses a Wi-Fi connection between device running Litchi and the device running Litchi Vue. It wont work with Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K as they use Wi-Fi to communicate between the Phantom and the remote control and the mobile device. You'll need a Lightbridge equipped DJI copter to be able to use Litchi Vue.

That's a pitty. If anything, it should be even easier to use on a Standard since there is already a Wi-Fi network. Just hook up the viewing unit to the same Phantom network and there is a connection....
But either they haven't thought of that, or it's just not doable for some reason....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That would interfere with all your flying commands, telemetry and so forth

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic