Camera tries to go to "zero-position" and makes a weird scratching-noise along.

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a P2V+ that I picked up and repaired - everything works perfectly but there is one issue with the gimbal/camera.

I can pan /tilt normally, but the camera won't stay pointed anywhere, it always tries to go back to the "zero-point", when you have just turned on the drone.
It also makes some scratching noise in idle-position, but there is no noise when it is moving slowly back up.
It also seems to go in a certain pattern.

The "chrome"-part of the gimbal (to the left) that tilts the camera up and down does also get hot after a while if I touch it.
Here is a video of it all:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this is?

I believe it's operating correctly. You can't move the camera side to side, only up & down.. If you want to film left or right while flying you've got to yaw(turn) the AC. When it comes back to zero that's a good thing.. Will the camera wheel on the top of remote point the camera down? & will it stay down then?

"The Gimbal " IT will get HOT with no air moving around it as flying does !.......we IF we have to check some settings and on the bench without the blades turning we always direct a small fan at the gimbal area to keep it cool...Good luck with the other problem.

Reactions: Kimelimm
Hi there!
OK, so the gimbal will get hot - noted, thanks!
@Phantom2USA, if I use the wheel on the controller, I can point up/down.
The funny thing is though, if I point it down and then take the wheel all the way to the right(down?) it goes back up as if I took it the other way, but no, it will not stay in place when I tilt it with the wheel on the remote, it tries to go back into idle-position then as well.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
How's about trying to calibrate gimbal in the app? & I think there is a re center calibration too.

How's about trying to calibrate gimbal in the app? & I think there is a re center calibration too.
I had no idea that there was a calibration to the gimbal in the app - I have calibrated the controller, but let me look in the app to see if I can find this.

But what about the scratching/noises from the gimbal is this + the interval normal?

From what I can read, The P2V+ does not have calibration of the camera and gimbal.

Checking my notes I found this:
P2v+ gimbal 45 degree down fix Solution:by: J Dot
Hook bird to Pc assistant ( 3.6 )Open assistant, Sign in Turn on remote and extender
Then turn on bird Go to upgrade tab Look for ( ZEN IMU )This must be upgraded to 1.0.0.6, in order to work properly with dial wheel remote ( Tx ) If it is 1.0.0.4, and shows NO UPDATES, Refresh it, and 1.0.0.6 will be available. Upgrade ZEN IMU ( 1.0.0.6 ) power cycle (now your camera will boot up and be level with horizon, and will stay at whatever position you want without holding dial wheel in position! NICE! )
I had the same problem with two of my birds and it fixed both. It will tell you there is no update. But there is! You have to refresh it for the 1.0.0.6 update. Also don't forget to Calibrate the wheel on the remote with the PC assistant 3.6. It is also advisable to put a small fan on your bird as not to over heat the WiFi module while your doing calibrations. Any time I have my bird hooked up to the assistant I have a fan blowing on it. Good luck!

The ZEN IMU is in the Pc assistant ( 3.6 ). Go to upgrade tab Look for ( ZEN IMU ) If it is 1.0.0.4, and shows NO UPDATES, Refresh it, and 1.0.0.6 will be available. It's been a while sense I used mine.

watch this for info on the video, you need to use both the RC asst and Phantom assistant, calibrate the tx in the RC asst and then in the phantom assistant

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic