Camera stopped working after firmware update

Reaction score
Hi all

I updated to the latest firmware on my Phantom 3 Advanced and the camera has stopped working, the gimbal responds as it should as does the flight controls of the drone itself, We have tried deleting and reinstalling the Go App and a few different Micro USB cables

Any thoughts?

Yeah, it would be really great if someone added a simple diagnose function to comm_og_service_tool.py.
Without it, checking which module failed gets complicated. Maybe if more people would ask them about it?...

Anyway, check if Ambarella is working - green light on gimbal, ability to save photos on sd-card etc.

Don't send it to DJI for repairs unless under warranty. My Phantom 3 Adv did the same thing.
I tried to reinstall software and downgrade to a previous version and nothing worked and I ended up buying a new Phantom 4 camera for the Phantom 3 model and now have 4k resolution and quite happy. Not sure if my old P3Adv camera is ok or not but want to sell it. Paid $349 for new one and will sell old one for half that.

Don't send it to DJI for repairs unless under warranty. My Phantom 3 Adv did the same thing.
I tried to reinstall software and downgrade to a previous version and nothing worked and I ended up buying a new Phantom 4 camera for the Phantom 3 model and now have 4k resolution and quite happy. Not sure if my old P3Adv camera is ok or not but want to sell it. Paid $349 for new one and will sell old one for half that.
Just to avoid any confusion for other readers, a P4 camera will not work on a P3. I'm sure that you meant you put a P3P camera on your P3A.

Reactions: JoBe
Hi all

I updated to the latest firmware on my Phantom 3 Advanced and the camera has stopped working, the gimbal responds as it should as does the flight controls of the drone itself, We have tried deleting and reinstalling the Go App and a few different Micro USB cables

Any thoughts?
Did you update both your RC and your AC? Which FW versions did you have on each before you made changes and which versions do you have now?
Just asking to be sure that you did not introduce an encryption mismatch.

Reactions: JoBe
It was $276 to repair controller which they said was the problem not the camera. So I ended up with a new 4k camera and I bought a controller that was like new (a GL300B) for $81 on eBay.

yes it was a DJI Phantom 3 Professional Pro Drone 4K Camera Gimbal PART 5
Did you delete my last post?

You can only delete your own posts, unless your a mod.

Rod

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
Did you update both your RC and your AC? Which FW versions did you have on each before you made changes and which versions do you have now?
Just asking to be sure that you did not introduce an encryption mismatch.
Yes both were updated, Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced Firmware 1.11.20

I see you have got it sorted, but have another suggestion, should anyone else have similar issue. I have a P3S and the camera went black at one point after a firmware update. The way I finally got it to work was to shut down aircraft, take out the SD card, restart the aircraft, then it worked. Shut down, reinserted the SD card and everything has been fine since. Hope that may help someone....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl