Camera Sensor Error

Reaction score
Hi all, New P4 owner and new to the forum.

I got my new p4 2 days ago, and out of the box it came with a 'Hardware Malfunction' and 'Camera Sensor Error' warning in the status window. Associated with this was a blank screen on my ipad in the app. Did all the calibrations available to see if that made a difference, which it didnt.

After contacting the retailer and DJI it was fairly obvious this issue would have to wait until Monday so in the mean time i decided to downgrade the firmware on the aircraft and the RC. (My unit came with all the latest firmware straight from the box, which was still in its sealed shipping box from DJI). Completed the downgrade and there was an initial flicker of the screen and i think the fault icon appeared again briefly, but i have turned the unit on and off several times now and it appears the fault has gone?!?!

I havent flown it yet as i didnt want to damage anything if i was returning it, nor have i attempted the re upgrade of the aircraft and RC.

I am still concerned that this issue may be lurking in the unit and also if i return the unit the company will likely conclude no fault found as atm it is working, so i wanted to know what peoples thoughts were on this?

Thanks in advance for you help

james

Attachments

• IMG_4372 (1).JPG
    IMG_4372 (1).JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 467
I've had my Phantom for awhile and it's been flying great. I just did the latest update and I got this same error right after the update. I thought it was just a glitch as I know my Phantom was great before the update. I shut things down and started it back up again and everything seems to be normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20