Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Camera Mods

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Martib, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Martib

I have tried running the QX10 on Ch 6 with the PV2 on CH 1 (this cannot be controlled, as it just searches on startup. Still not getting enough range..

I am thinking of making a shutter switch..I can solder this in series with the QX10 camera.

here are some plans I found..

http://blog.brandonevans.ca/post/227590 ... asonic-gf1

2. jeffscra

Studiowise:

Can you post more pictures of your rig with the GO PRO attached? I'd like to try to do something like that as well. Do you have a link for the gimble you purchased off of ebay?

thanks

Jeff

3. jfmm

Bad news...

"Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I understand that you wish to know if a Wi-Fi repeater can be used to the camera to increase Wi-Fi distance. There are several environmental factors that can reduce the maximum range between a Sony Wi-Fi compatible camera and a smartphone using PlayMemories Mobile. Given ideal environmental conditions, the recommended maximum distance a camera can be connected to a smartphone is less than 5 meters or 16 feet. It is not possible to increase this distance and also not possible to use any Wi-Fi repeater.

If you would like to be the first to know about our latest products and receive exclusive offers, please sign up for our newsletter:
    https://sonytextme.com

The Sony Email Response Team
    C5GA
    Bruce"

4. vin100

Does this guy knows what he's talking about?
    Found this interesting info on connecting an QX100 to a drone: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/exp ... ifi-camera
    ...and Sony is adding new features to its API, hopefully this will open up some possibilities to extend the wifi range. See https://developer.sony.com/2014/02/24/n ... d-cameras/

5. stuartondji

Does anyone know how to power the camera when not attached to the quadcopter? For some reason my camera is not receiving power (no LED's whatsoever) and I wanted to confirm its not the camera and only the cable.

6. jfmm

I already took a look on the API from Sony. To use it we need a device running android + FPV system + control link to the transmitter and a lot of burned brain cells.
    It's a lot of weight for my fat phantom...
    I did some tests this weekend with a tarot T-2D and QX10.
    The limit distance is about 50mt (much more than 5 mt from sony team) but few for my needs...
    But the big issue is the jelly effect. I think this câmera isn't apropriate for UAV's...
    I take great photos in the air even with 10x zoom, but the vídeo is horrible!

7. Martib

I have tested the Phantom with the QX10 and shutter trigger... total extra weight with prop guards included is about 250 grams..

I am finding the P2 is drifting around all over the place , I have tried compass calibration without any improvement.. Anybody have any issues with the P2 drifting around (in GPS mode) with extra weight... PS , I am using CF blades... The blades worked fine without the extra mods...