Camera Issues - P3A

M

Melvoid

I was out the other day and had an interesting issue. As I got things fired up and ready to go, I saw the camera do its little dance upon startup, I got the "Safe to Fly" message, but no image from the camera. Shut everything down and restarted. Pretty much the same thing.

Then, I shut down and pulled the battery from the 'copter and put it back in. Got an image, but when I took off, I noticed that the camera was tilted sideways, and I had no control of it. Landed again, shut down, pulled the SD card from the camera and put it back.

Then, finally, it worked. I did three separate flights after that and all was fine.

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Sounds like poor contact twixed battery and AC. Momentary losses of power can play havoc. I would relink your RC to the AC. Then if it never happens again, forget it. Alternatively, if that suggestion going to drive you nuts, be prepared for even more frustration with dozens of suggestions like this but no factual cause and thereby resolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peio64270
I assume AC = Aircraft? Among the things I did was to pull it and reconnect (which may have provided a better contact). I have three batteries, and used the others with no issues. If it happens again, I think I'll mark the battery in question and keep and eye on it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I assume AC = Aircraft? Among the things I did was to pull it and reconnect (which may have provided a better contact). I have three batteries, and used the others with no issues. If it happens again, I think I'll mark the battery in question and keep and eye on it.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Correct.
Also clean the contacts on the battery; I've used a pencil eraser in the past. Seems to work ok.

Will do. I also have used erasers to clean contacts on things. I find ink erasers work well, they a bit coarser. Of course, I'll have to do all three batteries 'cuz I have no idea which one it was :)

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl