Camera hitting mount on start up

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue when you switch on the camera goes through its initialisation process and when it turns from its 0 degrees past 90 degrees it hits its own frame? it doesnt hit it hard but i certainly think it shouldnt do it

Where exactly is the camera making contact?

On its mount directly behind it self.
If you imagine the camera pointing directly forward (0) then point the camera down (90) but keep going until it starts to point rearwards, this is what it does when i power on but keeps going until it taps its mount. it doesnt hit it hard, but you can hear it when it does make contact withits mount

My camera is not able to physically touch its mount. It's close, but it doesn't touch. And, on startup, it's makes very slow movements before pointing straight forward.

Please post a video so we can see/hear what you're describing.

Upload it to YouTube and post the link back here.

You could try calibrating the gimbal in DJI GO. If that doesn't fix it, I wouldn't worry about it. It's lightly tapping the end point. That'll happen a lot when flying in windy conditions. And, it could be more than a light tap depending on the intensity of the wind.

Calibrate the gimbal and see if that fixes it.

You could return it, but the next Phantom could do the same thing. Like I said above, it's very common for the gimbal to hit the end points during flight. So, it's not going to hurt anything if it hits the endpoint on startup.

Ok thanks, i also needd to know if anyone else has had the problem as well
I have the exact same problem and yea it bothers me as well.... I do not understand why shall touch the gimbal cable anyway...my P4 was not doing this... I wonder if doing again an IMU calibration may solve the issue...

Mine does it too. Was initially concerned, but if others have it happening then maybe it's par for the course? Does seem a little weird, but such a light tap I don't think we should worry about it, unless DJI has a firmware fix or something in the future who knows... Maybe it's part of how the gimbal calibrates itself each time on startup, by knowing the end point hehe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl