camera gimbal will not move

Reaction score
Have phantom 4 pro drone and it went AWOL on me on take off and hit the side of my shop only a few feet up. It sheared off one prop and the top of the mounting plate. It also broke the yaw arm. Drone still flies perfectly and camera works. Replaced yaw arm,complete mounting plate assembly and new prop,recalibrated compass and IMU. Took drone up to 100 feet and when I tried toove camera , NOTHING!. I brought drone down and then realized the gimbal is Nott moving , camera won't turn , tilt, nothing. It's like the motor has no power or something. Everything else is fine and no error messages. What do I need to do? Tganks

Was there any damage to ribbon cable,,was this replaced ? Is ribbon cable clipped into slot nice ,,it gets power from ribbon cable so have very close look,,you replaced yaw arm so check that ribbon cable is ok

Ok my nephew put yaw arm on fore and said he did not have to tear the whole camera assembly down as in the videos o looked at. Where would I find the ribbon cable and how to access

I know he only replaced the yaw arm. So I open the bottom cover mounted to bottom of drone and how do I know where the ribbon cable is and is there more than one. I'm mechanically inclined but my and know o can do it just have never messes with drone components much. I'm a millwtigjt mechanic and work on large machinery but know I can do this with a little guidance.

I know he only replaced the yaw arm. So I open the bottom cover mounted to bottom of drone and how do I know where the ribbon cable is and is there more than one. I'm mechanically inclined but my and know o can do it just have never messes with drone components much. I'm a millwtigjt mechanic and work on large machinery but know I can do this with a little guidance.
Yip there's a couple in there..this p4s but shows location,,if ribbon didn't get changed you might see a scuff or kink in cable,,these damage real easy and some replacement parts if cheap wont work ,needs to be original cable set,,very cheap anyway but this is where I would be looking
15903571278666903885541849632897.jpg
15903571745895741047217898441501.jpg

So it's that little black ribbon that goes up and connects at the copper colored part? I just now realized there is 2 pics. So that is 2 different ribbons? Do they come on a set when purchasing and what exactly is it called? So I would have to completely remove the camera from the drone and then I would be able to see both ribbons? I'm sorry for all the questions but im trying not to have to send it out for repair to California . I've got a guy I met on here who does great work, don't want to say his name without permission, bit I'm trying to do minor things myself to save some money.

Use P4P DJI OEM ribbon only (eBay). Please watch YouTube videos before attempting. Possibly yaw motor damage too. Be VERY careful of the clips that hold the ribbons. Lift gently to prevent breaking, or else. Not hard with good tools and lighting. Couple hour job.

Ted4797 here has been helpful for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic