Camera constantly panning error help.

Reaction score
Hey phantom pilots.

Wish I had a better introduction, but like most it seems I crashed my drone pretty early on. The camera and gimbal broke off the drone and pulled one of the camera antenna and the grey ribbon off. After repair I still have a problem of the camera panning left and right. It just won't stay in one place. No other associated errors or problems. Any idea what would cause this problem?
YouTube video of the symptoms bellow.
Thanks for posting if you have an idea.
D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you calibrated MUI/camera?

Yes, imu and camera will calibrate sometimes. It sometimes fails the first time. But it continues to pan. Looking at the sensor stats it doesn't show the movement in the gyro x/y/z..

Try calibrating the controller

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is a typical yaw motor alignment problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This is a typical yaw motor alignment problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks for the idea. I've looked at some videos of yaw motor alignment. The D shaped post in the lower motor box is oriented properly. The captive bolt aligning the upper motor (panning motor) is also in the right place.. any guidance on how to troubleshoot this. Thanks

Change to/from FPV to Follow, yaw. Does it still twitch? And did you calibrate controller?

Thanks for the lead on calibrating the controller.

That works fine, imu, and main drone gyro calibration is fine. The P3std won't properly calibrate the gimbal though. Follow mode and fpv mode doesn't change the problem
Both motor shafts with the D shape are in alignment and locked into place. It seems like maybe a circuit board is sending a bad signal telling the camera to pan left and right to find the proper straight forward position.
Thanks guys

Any other leads on what up with my drone? I'm about to tap out really frustrated with the diagnostics of this thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers