Camera angle

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but is there any adjustment to keep the camera from pointing up so it doesn't catch the props turning. In other words something like a height adjustment or some kind of limiting adjustment.

There is a setting in the DJI GO app to allow the camera to tilt upward. If you have that disabled, it'll still be possible to catch the props in the picture if you are flying forward quickly. If that's the case, then fly slower or fly backward.

The wheel at the top left of your controller tilts the camera to whatever position you want.
Also, if you hold a finger on the screen of your device you can drag the camera up and down.

Thank you. I know that flying slower will stop this but was just wondering if there was any setting to limit the height on the camera. Sure would make for less editing. Just a thought.

You could also fly backwards and reverse the video or shoot 4k and crop to 1080.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm always having to remind myself to tilt the camera down. Everytime you initialize the drone it sets the camera to full up. It would sure be nice if Go had a setting to allow you to enable a limitation height after initialization, so I don't always have to remember to lower it. What reminds me to lower the camera is I see the props in the iPad screen, but if I'm recording it's too late, the capture is ruined and has to be edited out. Maybe DJI will put an adjustable height angle limitation feature in someday, or maybe some of the other aftermarket apps. It's a good idea, not essential, but a "nice to have" someday.

Surely you just look at the screen once nicely airborne, and if you see 50-50 sky-land you tilt it down.
Horizon about a third down is normally a more pleasing composition if recording a general scene.
The full up position is probably the best default to avoid getting dirt or moisture on the lens as it starts up

Surely you just look at the screen once nicely airborne, and if you see 50-50 sky-land you tilt it down.
Horizon about a third down is normally a more pleasing composition if recording a general scene.
The full up position is probably the best default to avoid getting dirt or moisture on the lens as it starts up

Yeah, that's easy to rationalize, I tell myself that every time I edit and see props in the recording. "I need to always lower the camera after takeoff", but it's easy to forget until it's too late. I'll be recording, then I notice the props showing up in the screen, at which point it's too late. I've got over 100mi on my P3 and still seem to forget this half the time.

You bring up a good point though, full up for takeoff is optimal, so if DJI ever adds this "nice to have" feature, the limitation setting for the camera should turn the camera down to the preferred default angle after the craft is at least 25' AGL. Good idea.

There absolutely should be a setting to allow you to lock the maximum camera height in during filming. This way the gimbal wheel won't let me go past that point. Sometimes when you get only a tiny bit of prop in the video you cannot see it in the preview on your iPad. So a setting like this would be very very useful. Especially since the value might change each flight depending on wind/weather conditions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj