Camera and connection problem

Hi
Very interested in whether this solved the problem? ?
After reading all that and it is old he hadn't been back on since 2/8/15 so I doubt he will tell ya Foxy and have never
seen this issue he speaks of . Makes sense in his case but I've just seen the cameras get bricked from messing with that plug when powered on .

Hello everyone,
I've been reading up allot lately, and greatly appreciate all of the info and help that I have gotten from everyone already.

I've had my phantom 2 vision for about two weeks now and have had 2 successful flights with no issues.
Today feeling more comfortable and looking forward to another flight I ran into a problem. I powered everything on and was un-able to connect to the CAMERA through the vision app.

I tried power cycling the entire system. (Tx, wifi extender, camera and phantom) a few times with no luck. My phone connects to the rang extender with no problem. When I try to connect to the camera through the app it comes up with an error message "unable to connect to phantom 2 vision". I attempted to re-bind the wifi extender to see if that made a difference, and it did not.

So I believe that I isolated the problem to the phantoms camera itself. When powering on the phantom and with the power switch on the camera switched to on /on wifi I do not get any type of status light from camera. And I can't say that even with my successful flights I ever noticed a status light on the camera. I've checked the plug going into the camera and re seated it several times also without any luck. Maybe the camera for whatever reason is no longer being powered from the plug? I'll have to check with a volt meter Monday.

Does anyone actually get a status light from the camera? I've seen a few YouTube videos that don't seem to have a light on the camera either.
And does anyone have any suggestions for me to get this thing working?
Extremely frustrating since it was working so well and then all of a sudden nothing....

Appreciate any help
-Rick

I even tried pressing the camera shutter button on the bottom of the camera to see if it would do anything and no luck.
Hi in
Hello everyone,
I've been reading up allot lately, and greatly appreciate all of the info and help that I have gotten from everyone already.

I've had my phantom 2 vision for about two weeks now and have had 2 successful flights with no issues.
Today feeling more comfortable and looking forward to another flight I ran into a problem. I powered everything on and was un-able to connect to the CAMERA through the vision app.

I tried power cycling the entire system. (Tx, wifi extender, camera and phantom) a few times with no luck. My phone connects to the rang extender with no problem. When I try to connect to the camera through the app it comes up with an error message "unable to connect to phantom 2 vision". I attempted to re-bind the wifi extender to see if that made a difference, and it did not.

So I believe that I isolated the problem to the phantoms camera itself. When powering on the phantom and with the power switch on the camera switched to on /on wifi I do not get any type of status light from camera. And I can't say that even with my successful flights I ever noticed a status light on the camera. I've checked the plug going into the camera and re seated it several times also without any luck. Maybe the camera for whatever reason is no longer being powered from the plug? I'll have to check with a volt meter Monday.

Does anyone actually get a status light from the camera? I've seen a few YouTube videos that don't seem to have a light on the camera either.
Extremely frustrating since it was working so well and then all of a sudden nothing....

Appreciate any help
-Rick

I even tried pressing the camera shutter button on the bottom of the camera to see if it would do anything and no luck.
Hi im having same problem my range extender packed up, brought new one now i cant connect to camera i have no light above the plug, and cant remember if I did ive spent two days looking and reading on here no joy... If you do sort problem will you let me know, ill do the same

Hello everyone,

Appreciate any help
-Rick

To cut a long story short, and after researching the web comments, the solution to the camera connection problem (or should I say one solution) is to reformat the SD card. I had exactly the same probs as reported above (and lots elsewhere) and first tried removing the SD card. Camera re-connected immediately. Then I reformatted the card (FAT32) and again the camera connected immediately. The system was then shut down and restarted several times and immediate connection was repeatable. There are a lot of blog comments about faulty range extenders, overheating range extenders etc but, with one exception, none about re-formatting the SD card. (there could be more, but not found).
So, if this happens to you, try the very simple step of taking the card out first. Then reformat it.
And finally. make sure the range extender is charged. The charging light does not appear to change to green when charged, but it does take 3-4 hours.

BUT the light does go out when it is charged..... (I know this because it just did...)

Last edited:
Thank you weatherman

I'm charging my wifi extender for the first time and I read it takes 3 to 4 hours but didn't know if the light would change or what! now I know what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a Phantom 2 Vision with a Rotor Pixel gimbal, and all works,only problem is can't get live feed on iPad.Camera takes the picture,but on live feed. Tried everything. Make me an offer.

I have a Phantom 2 Vision with a Rotor Pixel gimbal, and all works,only problem is can't get live feed on iPad.Camera takes the picture,but on live feed. Tried everything. Make me an offer.
You should make a thread in clasifeds then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik