Calling Montreal Phantom Owners

Hi Guys

Just ordered my P3 standard and looking for a group -please count me in and message me if anyone is interested in flying :)

If it is okay to bump this, and good places to fly on the island? Am thinking of heading to the old port after seeing some cool Youtube videos from Montreal pilots from there

i'M from Quebec, not flying a lots now (because of the cold weather), but last weekend with 0deg, i flew above St-Laurence River, bear 2 bridges, 12 minutes flight :)

Hi Guys,

If you are from Montreal please share where do you fly, And do you run into any issue with Public/Authorities saying no you cant fly here things like that, Please share your experience

Hello i fly in st-zotique 20 minutes from montreal
Ver quite place

Hello! Just bought a P4P+ last week.
I would also like to know a couple places where i could fly with no problem around Montreal Laval or elsewhere... I also speak french.

Last edited:
it is getting harder to fly now with these new rules.
I'm in Montreal - NDG/Mont Royal area.

Here is a video where I was testing the active track while skateboarding.

Reactions: macoman
Hi there,

For now flying in Quebec City (south shore) and no problem so far.

I'm in the process of getting a COAS to be full legal when flying.

SFOC in English and it has nothing to do with full legality when flying. Indeed while possibly letting flights occur in some airspace denied to amateurs under the current rules, it also imposes a lot of restrictions. Be careful about what you want.

(edited: clarifications)

Last edited:
Hello! Just bought a P4P+ last week.
I would also like to know a couple places where i could fly with no problem around Montreal Laval or elsewhere... I also speak french.

The area in green below is where you would be legal in Laval. Nowhere else would you be legal because of Trudeau, small heliports and seaplane ports.

I just revised that to the non-commercial rules. So that gains you another slice of Laval island. Blue below.

That area is class C space from the surface up to 12,500. But the drone rule for non-commercial use is 9 km from the tower and non-commercial pilots are assumed to be ignorant about airspace classes - take advantage of the assumption!

Use at your own risk.

Just revised the "Laval West" legal area. I had misplaced an heliport in Senneville so it opens up the entire west tip of Laval to non-commercial ops. Commercial ops will have to obey the class C. Ironic, huh?

So the green and blue are "non-commercial ok all the time - Blue subjects SFOC operators to approvals according to their SFOC status/application.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

upload_2017-5-5_17-3-47.png

Last edited:
Here's part of Montreal that - per the non-commercial rules should be legal .... if you can find a place that meets the buildins, people, animals and so on lateral rules. But I have to check if there are heliports in there - waiting for my new CFS and VTA to arrive if the *** hats at NAV CANADA could get off their epensive map butts and publish the new (April 2017) VTA.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND RECOCNIZANCE.

REVISED - 2017-05-05 . Review Montreal Island for where you might legally fly NON-commercial. Lost a big chunk of the prior purple zone because there is a private heliport near the northern 15/40 junction.

Commercial use here would need a SFOC for operation w/i class C airspace.

upload_2017-5-5_17-6-49.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh_Ex
Hello Community.. Any pilots willing to spare some time with their gear Looking for a lost dog in a wooded area? Dog bolted into a wooded area behind the kirkland colisee on Kirkland Day Sat June 16. Was last seen in a wooded area on the north side of the 40 service road at the St. Charles onramp.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl