CALL FROM THE FAA

Well I got warned about my behavior so I'd like to apologize to everyone. My post was very offensive and out of character. The OP's story is likely 100% true. The FAA is definitely trolling the forums and YouTube looking for violators, so be careful you guys..........................

Reactions: riverphantom3
anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.gif

Don't listen to Donnie, he doesn't know what he's taking about... swear ta god he don't.

about a year ago there were stories circulating that the FAA considers youtube videos for profit because the site sells advertising. Seems pretty thin to me.

Heres one of the stories, The FAA Says You Can't Post Drone Videos on YouTube (sorry if that was posted already). other than the news stories I don't see anything official on it. has anybody else heard this??
It's often mentioned in forums but very few know the whole story.
You can post your videos on Youtube.
Read the whole story here: Operating for Free? P3S

image.jpeg
Anybody here ever get a phone call from the IRS? The government doesn't do enforcement business over the phone.

S
Actually they do via robo calls! After so many letters, they will call whatever phone number they have on record to let you know they're taking action to collect a debt.

BTW, you only have ANY luck contacting them if you get their number that doesn't end with a courtesy disconnect.:eek: Saving us all time.:cool:

View attachment 46733
Actually they do via robo calls! After so many letters, they will call whatever phone number they have on record to let you know they're taking action to collect a debt.

BTW, you only have ANY luck contacting them if you get their number that doesn't end with a courtesy disconnect.:eek: Saving us all time.:cool:
As someone who is in the business of working with Uncle Sam and his taxes, the IRS doesn't do robo calls either (seems they don't do phones anymore).
If you ignore letters they will eventually show up at your door. They have ways of making you pay. :eek:

If you are not doing anything in violation of the FAA rules than I would wait for proof.
That being said there seems to be many folks getting calls from the FAA. There are most likely representatives from the FAA and Homeland Security on this and other forums. Don't post activity that will draw their attention.

Yes and it bothers me that we pay taxes for them to spy on citizens in the guise of national security.

Seriously though - this sounds more like a scam.

If called by the FAA ask for ID/Badge number first . Look we have many people that are trying to start a business and they will cheat and try and run off competition or someone they fill can be a threat . We even have some here that stated openly they would turn you in (not the OP) other members. So if it's on the up & up you have to do what you have to do but if it's a jealous competitor they can get in a lot of trouble acting like the FAA to scare you .
GL OP !

Yes and it bothers me that we pay taxes for them to spy on citizens in the guise of national security.

Has anyone received any kind of actual proof it was the FAA?
Anyone actually received a letter from the FAA yet?

Maybe these are just neighbors who are smart enough to know how to follow a trail and dig for info?

Calling and impersonating a Federal agency seems that it would be a pretty serious crime in itself.

We even have some here that stated openly they would turn you in (not the OP) other members.

Sames ones that would bring the gestapo to the children hiding in the basement no doubt.

(If the word "gestapo" causes you to panic, feel free to substitute "government goons" for that word)

Last edited:
It appears to get into their sights when it is aerial, potentially commercial or a air safety issue.

Oh boy. I cannot believe this is true. It's probably a prank from some idiot. If it was true then I can only tell you drone flyers in the US, flush your quadcopter down the toilet or leave the country.

Oh boy. I cannot believe this is true. It's probably a prank from some idiot. If it was true then I can only tell you drone flyers in the US, flush your quadcopter down the toilet or leave the country.

Or operate within the FAA recommendations.

Reactions: BigAl07 and JBG
Oh Man I can't even imagine the mess it would make actually attempting to flush your quad down the toilet!:weary:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl