CALL FROM THE FAA

Reaction score
To the FAA guy who called thank you for being so nice. So today my father got a call from the FAA saying that I have to remove some of my videos, such video as me flying over my town which isn't allowed for some reason, that I had to remove the video of my fathers property that I have record (commercial use? I didn't charge him so?) he talked about things I have posted on the forms. He talked about company's I've recorded for (without the drone) I guess he was warning me that I couldn't use the drone in my company videos. The reason I got a call is because some one on the forms "complained", I do not know who complained, I'm sure they will never tell me but I made this post to warn everyone that this isn't the nice private community that we think it is, also be careful on what nice videos you try to share with the world, they might get you in trouble. The FAA is mailing me a letter, I will post a picture of it when I receive it.

we have a mole among us

Reactions: Azmopic
He must have got the call being you are a minor Youngblood and do post that .
Don't know but bet the FAA might have someone who is a member .
It is not hard to trace us if you are the right person .
Not saying someone here didn't make the complaint just saying .

He must have got the call being you are a minor Youngblood and do post that .
Don't know but bet the FAA might have someone who is a member .
It is not hard to trace us if you are the right person .
Not saying someone here didn't make the complaint just saying .
They must have got my dads number of his property videos

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Odd. Did you verify their identity? From DC? From the local FSDO? I am surprised they're calling people. And they stopped telling people to take their videos. Or at least I thought they did.

Links to vids? Curious to see what's got them so worked up.

They must have got my dads number of his property videos

Maybe but would really wait till I got that letter and do find out just what has happened .
We should always be aware of what we post cause ya really don't know who is reading them.
I'm just as bad with my flying long . I just don't put them on YT .

Odd. Did you verify their identity? From DC? From the local FSDO? I am surprised they're calling people. And they stopped telling people to take their videos. Or at least I thought they did.

Links to vids? Curious to see what's got them so worked up.
I made one private but they want me to remove one where I flew over 400 it's on riverbrooks.com

Maybe but would really wait till I got that letter and do find out just what has happened .
We should always be aware of what we post cause ya really don't know who is reading them.
I'm just as bad with my flying long . I just don't put them on YT .
I don't wanna get fined, ain't got any lawyers I took one of them down the river video they want gone too

Doesn't sound legit to me. For starters it reminds me of the IRS scam where they call and tell you they are the "IRS" and to send money. The problem is the only time the Feds might call by telephone is to set up an actual physical appointment to meet with you. PLUS they wanted to deliver the message to you, not your dad, so why leave it with him? And yes, LeO's can talk to minors under specific circumstances. The proof will be if you ever actually receive the "letter". If you do get a letter, check for authenticity, in other words, is the post mark stamped or is it a physical stamp? Is the envelope marked "Official Use Only"? and last, but not least, was it mailed from your home town? You get someone spoofing the FAA and my first call would be to the FBI and then to the FAA. I have never heard of any violation for flying a drone over a town, that would take 3/4's of the drone community right out of the action as we all don't live on farms or drive to the outer banks, but there may be one on the books. The commercial thing might be another matter and may refer to needing an "N" number registration. Beat them to the punch and call the FAA drone number and ask them about the call. For starters they, unlike the IRS, may actually answer the phone and I am sure they would give you the proper answers to any, and all, questions you may have.

how can they tell how high you was

Reactions: Azmopic and JBJO
Something is fishy. I don't see any issues with that video. Doesn't look like you were over 400ft and even if you were, how can they tell? And even if you were (not that I would condone that) they would want you to not do it again. They wouldn't be concerned with the video itself. Your site does look like you're trying to make money from flying drones. You need a 333 to do that. But be sure to verify their identity.

If it is the FAA, you should take it seriously. They likely won't do anything as long as you do as they ask. And if you want to make money with your drone, you need to go through the 333 exemption process.

Reactions: Azmopic and JBJO
Doesn't sound legit to me. For starters it reminds me of the IRS scam where they call and tell you they are the "IRS" and to send money. The problem is the only time the Feds might call by telephone is to set up an actual physical appointment to meet with you. PLUS they wanted to deliver the message to you, not your dad, so why leave it with him? And yes, LeO's can talk to minors under specific circumstances. The proof will be if you ever actually receive the "letter". If you do get a letter, check for authenticity, in other words, is the post mark stamped or is it a physical stamp? Is the envelope marked "Official Use Only"? and last, but not least, was it mailed from your home town? You get someone spoofing the FAA and my first call would be to the FBI and then to the FAA. I have never heard of any violation for flying a drone over a town, that would take 3/4's of the drone community right out of the action as we all don't live on farms or drive to the outer banks, but there may be one on the books. The commercial thing might be another matter and may refer to needing an "N" number registration. Beat them to the punch and call the FAA drone number and ask them about the call. For starters they, unlike the IRS, may actually answer the phone and I am sure they would give you the proper answers to any, and all, questions you may have.
I'll call later in angry now the call wouldn't go good

guy on you tube got call from faa flying his propel drone around his property

If you are not doing anything in violation of the FAA rules than I would wait for proof.
That being said there seems to be many folks getting calls from the FAA. There are most likely representatives from the FAA and Homeland Security on this and other forums. Don't post activity that will draw their attention.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.