CALL FROM THE FAA

Yea,

These alleged G-men put the 'G' in eGo!

I work with a government agency that is in the same facility as the FAA at our location. First of all, if someone is a Federal Officer (as I am), you do not, and are not mandated to provide anything without us, first identifying ourselves as Federal Agents, and never without our contact information provided. Whether I am contacting someone, or they walk in, I am mandated to identify myself. In person, I have to tell them my name, provide my government credentials and inform them as to why I need to speak with them. If it is a telephonic conversations, NO ONE is bound to say anything to me, UNLESS, I identify myself, and then give them a phone number to call me back, address, nature of contact and only then, if they feel comfortable. Anyone can be anyone on the phone. With that being said, I am going to tell you what I think.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Admit I didn't read every thread but...
Federal agencies don't generally call persons to inform them to do this or that.
If an authentic contact is to be made it will be by US Mail and sometimes certified mail return receipt requested. I'd be very suspicious of this phone call and we all know you can spoof phone numbers.
It's kinda like the annual IRS scam and the Jury Duty scam.

I find this so interesting that people keep saying this. The FAA does call pilots.

specialAgents.jpg
I'm surrounded. Where's the President? I didn't get a NOTAM! Why all the G-men here?

Reactions: dirkclod
RiverBrooks...if the FAA hasn't called this guy, why in the world are they harassing you? Maybe the drone busting business is getting too slow? Gotta move their office to Vega I guess.

Interesting..I didn't think there was a microphone on the P3. But, it wouldn't be the same without the sound of gun shots ;-)
Ya haha...I'm sure that was post production. Also that Demunseed guy was somehow able to keep VLOS on an Inspire at 2.5 miles by watching the blinking dot. Not impossible, but you'd think FAA would send him a letter or two (or phone call)

Shooting a gun in the air is a lot worse than this guy flying his drone, regardless of legality.
Unbelievable. Thanks for sharin'! :)

that Demunseed guy was somehow able to keep VLOS on an Inspire at 2.5 miles by watching the blinking dot. Not impossible, but you'd think FAA would send him a letter or two (or phone call)
Contrary to popular opinion, the FAA don't monitor everything posted on Youtube ... but if they did they would probably switch off when demunseed came up on their screen.
They do however respond to reports and complaints.
The OP posted a thread a little while back that may well have been reported to them.

You are nobody to me, and I am sure my friends across the hall with OPR will enjoy reading this response from you. And if you are an SSA, the guys here with OPLA are going to love this. Happy flying, and what I learned long ago is, anyone that uses their duty title if you are an SSA, is lacking in many personal areas. By the way, you will never be my RAC, my ASAC, my DSAC, or SAC. But, you do reflect the arrogance and incompetence of most people that are actual supervisors. Troll on, and fly smooth.
Go right ahead and tell them. I could care less.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

You are nobody to me, and I am sure my friends across the hall with OPR will enjoy reading this response from you. And if you are an SSA, the guys here with OPLA are going to love this. Happy flying, and what I learned long ago is, anyone that uses their duty title if you are an SSA, is lacking in many personal areas. By the way, you will never be my RAC, my ASAC, my DSAC, or SAC. But, you do reflect the arrogance and incompetence of most people that are actual supervisors. Troll on, and fly smooth.
Kick rocks.. I didn't say anything derogatory I just refuted your statements. I'm sorry you got sand in your private parts. You called me out and I smacked you down. That's all. You tried and lost. Where in the hell did I use my position. I never even said who I worked for... Are you 12.. Grow up.

Kick Rocks.

I find this so interesting that people keep saying this. The FAA does call pilots.
That's way different. That's a pilot of an aircraft.. A real aircraft not a "flying camera."

Kick Rocks :confused:
You mean Kid Rocks..
No I mean kick rocks - get lost - get bent.. FO... I was just being nice. But I'm done internet fighting. It's just stupid.

No I mean kick rocks - get lost - get bent.. FO... I was just being nice. But I'm done internet fighting. It's just stupid.

Cool off dude .Here
4522946-8934649255-12481.gif

Contrary to popular opinion, the FAA don't monitor everything posted on Youtube ... but if they did they would probably switch off when demunseed came up on their screen.
They do however respond to reports and complaints.
The OP posted a thread a little while back that may well have been reported to them.
Got it, just surprised there have been no complaints apparently then on the Vegas shooting drone or Demunseed's crazy antics.

The comments on this video from England are encouraging/praising of the quality-even though they do have laws and some were broken in this video. Just a very different kind of commentary vs. US based videos/commenters isn't it? I've often wondered why that is.

Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft (Civil Aviation Authority)
Article 167
  1. The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.
  2. The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are:
    a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
    b) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;
    c) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or
    d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

3. Subject to paragraph (4), during take-off or landing, a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not be flown within 30 metres of any person.
  4. Paragraphs (2)(d) and (3) do not apply to the person in charge of the small unmanned surveillance aircraft or a person under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.
  5. In this article ‘a small unmanned surveillance aircraft’ means a small unmanned aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition.

That is pretty simple and easy to follow.

Got it, just surprised there have been no complaints apparently then on the Vegas shooting drone or Demunseed's crazy antics.
Are you referring to the guy with the fake russian accent? If so, that is all CGI so no worries. Demunseed, well that guy is class by himself :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik