CALL FROM THE FAA

To the FAA guy who called thank you for being so nice. So today my father got a call from the FAA saying that I have to remove some of my videos, such video as me flying over my town which isn't allowed for some reason, that I had to remove the video of my fathers property that I have record (commercial use? I didn't charge him so?) he talked about things I have posted on the forms. He talked about company's I've recorded for (without the drone) I guess he was warning me that I couldn't use the drone in my company videos. The reason I got a call is because some one on the forms "complained", I do not know who complained, I'm sure they will never tell me but I made this post to warn everyone that this isn't the nice private community that we think it is, also be careful on what nice videos you try to share with the world, they might get you in trouble. The FAA is mailing me a letter, I will post a picture of it when I receive it.
So, it is not out of the realm of possibility that the FAA calls someone before they send a letter. Basically, they are fishing because they need to know who to send a letter to before they send it. They are not interested in enforcing this stuff, they simply don't have the resources for it, however, when they get a complaint, they have to follow-up. If your videos show the aircraft flying over people, that's the reason they don't want the videos posted, since flight over people is currently contrary to statute (for now). Here's the good news; they have no interest in taking legal action against you so I wouldn't get too concerned about it. I am curious if a letter will show up, if one does, it will be certified mail with return receipt. That's how they are required to correspond. Also, there are only 2 field offices in North Carolina, Greensboro and Charlotte, so I would be curious as to which one is contacting you.

Only my take but appears to be promotion of his company (logo bottom right) for commercial work without a 333 exemption.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I watched it. I don't agree that it was commercial. I still think that he was trolled. I will also say. Most federal agencies do not take the time to worry about folks that "may" be skirting the line. We would not have time to do anything else. So I stand firm in saying I'm not a believer of the phone call. I watched that video and he didn't break any laws.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I watched it. I don't agree that it was commercial. I still think that he was trolled. I will also say. Most federal agencies do not take the time to worry about folks that "may" be skirting the line. We would not have time to do anything else. So I stand firm in saying I'm not a believer of the phone call. I watched that video and he didn't break any laws.

My only reason for saying it looked commercial is that the references with his logo a company name that on its website touts it's services, hence a commercial promotional video, if he didn't have the logo on the video no issues whatsoever in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GoodnNuff
. You do what you feel right as far as your videos, but the Special Agent setting across from me is laughing, seriously chuckling at the "jailhouse lawyers.."

So is this Special Agent! I call BS..

But..just so you know. Having the phone come back to Verizon wireless wouldn't be uncommon for a fed. We all have government phones. I don't know who has the FAA's contract but our contract is with Verizon wireless. Most agents do give their G cell number because that's the best contact number. Most guys are actually in the field ... Working so contact is best made by cell.

Last edited:

It wasn't made real clear but RB confirmed the video we see in this thread has been edited from the original.

Reactions: riverphantom3
So is this Special Agent! I call BS..

But..just so you know. Having the phone come back to Verizon wireless wouldn't be uncommon for a fed. We all have government phones. I don't know who has the FAA's contract but our contract is with Verizon wireless. Most agents do give their G cell number because that's the best contact number. Most guys are actually in the field ... Working so contact is best made by cell.

Well, you can call BS if you want, but what CITP were you in at FLETC? What is your GS rating, and where is your SAC located? And we do NOT give our government cell number to anyone except LEO's, and that is by policy. That is what our office number is for, and if someone calls our office and needs to speak to us, the office will call us, and confer on a meeting. If we do not answer, they will tell SECTOR to contact us on the radio.

Like I said, you can throw the BS flag if you want, but the questions above are pretty easy to answer. And if you do, you are in violation of the SIP. The reason we NO LONGER give out the government number is because everything sent to and from is discoverable for evidence. So, if someone gets pissed, and wants to send something like an inappropriate photo, and then say we told them because we would be more lenient, that is discoverable as evidence, and not why we don't give out our number.

Oh well, that should end any questions about a GS13, that went through the Criminal Investigator Training Program, at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, in Glynco, Georgia. Happy droning....

Reactions: Sabalon
untitled.png
Hello HQ..Ahaaa seems I'm getting telemarketing calls .
;);)

Well, you can call BS if you want, but what CITP were you in at FLETC? What is your GS rating, and where is your SAC located? And we do NOT give our government cell number to anyone except LEO's, and that is by policy. That is what our office number is for, and if someone calls our office and needs to speak to us, the office will call us, and confer on a meeting. If we do not answer, they will tell SECTOR to contact us on the radio.

Oh well, that should end any questions about a GS13, that went through ...Happy droning....
I'm not saying anyone lied. I'm saying I don't believe the call was authentic.

My series is 1811.. I am a GS 14 step 7 by the way.

Baloney about the phone numbers. If you are an agent worth anything there are a number of reasons you would give your phone number.. To informants, sources of information, concerned citizens, non government agencies and even criminals depending on the circumstance.

By the way I taught as a subject matter expert at FLETC for my agency.

Kick rocks!

Reactions: Sabalon
Just so you know.. 1811 is Criminal Investigator / Special Agent. You can also ascertain that as a 14 I would be. Supervisor... So to you it's Supervisory Special Agent.

Reactions: TheTanger
It's all fun and games until the aliens arrive.. Then who are you gonna call...

Wait for it.....

Reactions: riverphantom3
Just so you know.. 1811 is Criminal Investigator / Special Agent. You can also ascertain that as a 14 I would be. Supervisor... So to you it's Supervisory Special Agent.

You are nobody to me, and I am sure my friends across the hall with OPR will enjoy reading this response from you. And if you are an SSA, the guys here with OPLA are going to love this. Happy flying, and what I learned long ago is, anyone that uses their duty title if you are an SSA, is lacking in many personal areas. By the way, you will never be my RAC, my ASAC, my DSAC, or SAC. But, you do reflect the arrogance and incompetence of most people that are actual supervisors. Troll on, and fly smooth.

The whole notion of 'throwing around' one's personal opinion of their importance to society by anonymous posting on an MR forum to seemingly impress other anonymous folks is hilarious.

Well snap. Little ole me couldn't even take pictures of where yawl been.
Do yawl get to carry a badge and a gun and handout them papers that say at the top "we command you to deliver the body of...."

Could I buy an autograph or yawl just playin cops and robbers.?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl