Calibration Red Dots going off!!!! How can I fix this?!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
So recently I've encountered an issue with my FC40. About the 3 minute mark I begin to get the flashing red dots and my phantom returns to home right away. with a fresh battery it does the same. It has on its own taken off like a bat out of hell once armed without touching the sticks might I add. I've looked at all the possibilities of it getting any interference and i can't seem to find anything that wouldn't be ok to fly with.

I've modded my fc40 heavily I'll admit, but i am running out of possible solutions to fixing the issue.
So far I've placed the compass in its original location and it appeared like it was flying correctly but at about 50ft it flashed the transmitter yellow and tried to fly off again got lucky switched off and it came back.

since then I've tried to fly again re-calibrating every time (doing the compass dance) and i get the ok signals from the LED and try to fly and 2 minutes in it flashes red like crazy and it lands again. I've tried with a fresh battery and the same.

Again I'm out of ideas ... Should replace the compass completely ? do the magnet trick? The IMU and compass show up all good too when i hook it up to the software.

Maybe its a product I'm using?? I just don't know. I've even contemplated changing my transmitter :?: to a futaba to be done with the crappy signal from the stock fc40 remote.

(on a side note I originally wanted get a phantom 2 but received the fc40 as a gift ... so i made the most of it)
Here's what's on my fc40:

T-motor anti- gravity motors
Tarot 2-d gimbal
fat shark 5.8 fpv transmitter with flysight blackpearl monitor system / flysight antennas
summit link tall landing skid battery extension kit
summit link snap on off prop guard kit
wide leg kit
and dual battery holders
zippy 2200 mah batteries

any feed back would be appreciated guys .... trying to get my bird stable again.

Attachments

• battlecat1.jpg
    battlecat1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 463
The stock FC40 uses 5.8 ghz for radio control,a 5.8 FPV system will not work,unless you change your radio.
Try flying without the FPV to test it,I'm thinking that's your problem.

I have a FC40 5.8 RC and use a 2.4 ghz FPV

thanks so much!!! i had a local hobby shop install the fpv for me and they mentioned that the 2.4 that came with my flysight kit wouldn't work. thats why i went with the fatshark. they mentioned also that if they separated the bands far enough that it would work. kind of obvious now that you mentioned it, 5.8 and 5.8 running at the same time would cause an issue. I'll unhook the fpv and give it a try. worse case in order to keep my setup and boost the range i guess upgrading the radio wouldn't hurt. thanks for your feedback Tallyrver!!

I have had my Phantom out over 450 meters before it went into fail safe,at that distance I couldn't see it .but my 600 mw 2.4 mgz FPV still had great video. I may upgrade the antenna on the rc just to give it an extra bump.
Wayne

Sounds like maybe your pointing the tip of the antenna towards it which will cut down range big time usually to less then 100-200 feet being the end of the antenna has almost no radiance. instead of the side of the antenna towards it were you will get the best range. OR you could have a broken, kinked, pinched or even disconnected antenna wire inside the transmitter or the receiver. That can cut your range down to even as low as 20-50 feet before causing it to go in to fail safe and RTH

So if you cant find any thing wrong on the crafts side of things maybe try opening up the transmitter and takeing a peek around and make sure the antennas wire is not broken, kinked, pinched or disconnected.

It'll be exactly as tallyrver said.

If I were you I'd be straight back to the hobbyshop (who clearly have no idea what they are doing) and demanding my money back. They could have cost you hundreds if the result was a smashed up Phantom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl