Buying Phantom 2 and want to make sure to get the new ESC

Reaction score
Hi All!

This seems like the place to be for Phantom info. I am looking to purchase my Phantom 2 tonight or tomorrow and want to make sure that I am getting the new version. Is there a place that seems to be shipping the newest update and is there an issue with the older ESC setup that I should really try and stay away from. It been really confusing finding info on this. Any help would be great!

Re: Buying Phantom 2 and want to make sure to get the new ES

sneak20 said:
Hi All!

This seems like the place to be for Phantom info. I am looking to purchase my Phantom 2 tonight or tomorrow and want to make sure that I am getting the new version. Is there a place that seems to be shipping the newest update and is there an issue with the older ESC setup that I should really try and stay away from. It been really confusing finding info on this. Any help would be great!

the newer Phantom 2 (non-Vision) is referred to as the "V2.0" and it should be easy to make sure you're getting that version. The main physical advantages the Phantom itself has over the older, "version 1" are stronger motors (which you really can't tell by looking) and an upgraded compass which you CAN see on the rear right leg - it will be white plastic instead of shiny metallic.

More obvious than the Phantom itself is the remote controller... the new one has a rechargable battery and several LED indicators on the front that show the battery level (the original RC only has 1 LED for on/off) and a big silver wheel in on the upper left to control the gimbal instead of a small white arm on the underneath of the RC

any reputable vendor like B&H, or most of the sellers on amazon clearly list the new version as "V2.0"

also there's the price point.. the original Phantom 2 (with a H3-3D gimbal of course) is in the $820 range and the new version is in the $920 range

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl