Buying direct from DJI in China

Reaction score
I placed an online order with DJI China on Friday. Paid with my credit card that had zero balance.
I have excellent credit.
On Sunday they sent me an email (that I found Monday)
It stated (copy and paste)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good day to you.

Due to DJI policy, your recent purchase requires verification to be completed. Please provide one of the following to confirm your details:

1) If you paid with a non-business (personal) credit card:
- A scanned copy of your bank statement with your address and credit card transaction, or
- A scanned copy of your driver’s license with your address, or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.

2) If you paid with a business credit card:

- Company information (company name, office address, office phone number, website, etc.), or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.

Note that we currently only hold temporary authorization from your bank, and we won’t charge you until we are about to ship your order. As the temporary authorization will expire soon, your prompt reply to this email will be highly appreciated. A late reply may result in your order being delayed or cancelled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone else find this strange?

I replied to the same with my mailing address and phone number, saying that I placed the order and it went thru. I guess their English might not be the best

I placed an online order with DJI China on Friday. Paid with my credit card that had zero balance.
I have excellent credit.
On Sunday they sent me an email (that I found Monday)
It stated (copy and paste)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good day to you.

Due to DJI policy, your recent purchase requires verification to be completed. Please provide one of the following to confirm your details:

1) If you paid with a non-business (personal) credit card:
- A scanned copy of your bank statement with your address and credit card transaction, or
- A scanned copy of your driver’s license with your address, or

2) If you paid with a business credit card:

- Company information (company name, office address, office phone number, website, etc.), or

Note that we currently only hold temporary authorization from your bank, and we won’t charge you until we are about to ship your order. As the temporary authorization will expire soon, your prompt reply to this email will be highly appreciated. A late reply may result in your order being delayed or cancelled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone else find this strange?
i ordered all three of my birds from them within the past 8 months and they never requested such information..i did pay via paypal though. it pays to purchase from them for they have sent me two free batteries thus far. it was their way of saying thank you and stated such.

When I was researching buying one I read a number of people being asked that same question. What happened to me is less than 15 minutes after I placed my order my credit union called me asking me to verify the purchase. They shipped it right away. But yes, if you search around many people were asked the same question.

it pays to purchase from them for they have sent me two free batteries thus far. it was their way of saying thank you and stated such.
They gave you free batteries as a reward for buying multiple birds? Nice!

Excuse my ignorance .. But what benefit would there be to buying direct from DJI China ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So $1259 USD .. And then brokerage / taxes when it arrives in your country ? Is this just DJI.com ? Or am I missing something ?

Since I started this thread I talk to the credit card company and everything was okay.
They told me DJI was likely trying to verify my address.

About two hours later DJI phoned me from China. They told me the order is on it's way.

Why didn't I use Paypal. I probably should have. But.
WHen I first ordered it was with credit card at DJI. But the card was rejected.
Then I tried again and it was rejected again.
So I went to Paypal where the same card is registered and it got rejected there.
Then the phone rang and it was Chase. (credit card co) They asked if I was trying to buy something. I said yes.
They said they had blocked the the card on unusual activity. They told me go ahead it's unblocked.
Then I went back to DJI and the card was accepted.

The Chase card does not charge me the 2.5% USD to CDN fee.
Paypal in the past has charged me the fee, even thou I had specified to bill the card in the sellers currency. USD
Then the credit card company does the conversion.
That is why I did not want to use paypal.

$799usd = $1141cdn

Also, what happens when you haft'a ship it back for (something)? Haft'a ship back to China?

Good question. But there is no DJI in Canada. So if there is a problem I would have to ship back to either US or China. Don't know.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance .. But what benefit would there be to buying direct from DJI China ?

So $1259 USD .. And then brokerage / taxes when it arrives in your country ? Is this just DJI.com ? Or am I missing something ?

No taxes no GST or no HST and if lucky as I was no duty ! All these combined makes it VERY popular and much cheaper P3P Canada !

Ah I guess you take the chance with duty / taxes when it comes across the border. If you don't pay it .. It's a decent savings .. If you do .. It's only a little more than buying local.

P3P. That is exactly the way I see it.

Got tracking now.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 at 19:17 Origin Service Area: SHENZHEN - SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC
Estimated Delivery: Friday, February 05, 2016 By End of Day
1 Piece

Last edited:
Nice !!! Good luck !! Wish I had thought about this before I purchased !!! Wondering what the free battery guy is on about

Nice !!! Good luck !! Wish I had thought about this before I purchased !!! Wondering what the free battery guy is on about

I don't know what you mean about the "free battery guy" maybe someone deleted a post?

I originally bought from Canada Computers. They had the best deal for a pro. It was $1700cnd but is now $2000.
But after 2 weeks went on back order. After another 2 weeks I got tired of waiting and canceled.
Read Overview. It comes with 2 extra batterys, 2 64gb cards and other stuff.
I decided the Advanced was good enough for me. Won't feel as bad when I lose it.:rolleyes:
Canada Computers & Electronics | Toys | DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter with Gimbal-Stabilized 4K UHD Video Camera

Don't lose it either way.

I don't know what you mean about the "free battery guy" maybe someone deleted a post?

I originally bought from Canada Computers. They had the best deal for a pro. It was $1700cnd but is now $2000.
But after 2 weeks went on back order. After another 2 weeks I got tired of waiting and canceled.
Read Overview. It comes with 2 extra batterys, 2 64gb cards and other stuff.
I decided the Advanced was good enough for me. Won't feel as bad when I lose it.:rolleyes:
Canada Computers & Electronics | Toys | DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter with Gimbal-Stabilized 4K UHD Video Camera

What was referring to is this:
i ordered all three of my birds from them within the past 8 months and they never requested such information..i did pay via paypal though. it pays to purchase from them for they have sent me two free batteries thus far. it was their way of saying thank you and stated such.

And I saw the Canada computers deal ... It was good .. Apple had a friends and family event that was the best deal I saw around. It was a private thing for Christmas so I grabbed a P3pro to match my p3Advanced I have had for a while now.

I use the advanced for anything above water / sketchy areas/ when I'm drinking lol / etc

And I use the pro all the other times !!

Advanced had to go back to DJI Cali for warranty though, supposed to come back this week. The RTH button was not working properly from the start and really noticed it when I compared it to my new Pro.

Just finishing up this thread.
My P3A arrived on Friday. Exactly 1 week from when I ordered online.
If I had not missed seeing their email requesting proof of identification it could have come a few days earlier.

What arrived?
P3A -W22B - FW 1.53+
RC - GL300C - FW 1.570

Have not flown. Have powered up engines, camera,gimbal. All good.
Took it out side and checked camera focus. Looks to be as good as any I have seen.
Very happy with it.

For Canadians.
The final bill on my credit card was $1166
That also include and extra set of blades and a tablet sunshade.

This the route it takes from DJI factory.
Start at bottom

Waybill: 6044872396 Signed for by: REG Get Proof of Delivery Friday, February 05, 2016 at 13:46 Origin Service Area: SHENZHEN - SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC Destination Service Area: ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - BROCKVILLE - CANADA
1 Piece
Friday, February 05, 2016 Location Time Piece
27 Delivered - Signed for by : REG BROCKVILLE 13:46
1 Piece
26 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 09:48
25 Arrived at Delivery Facility in ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA 06:17
1 Piece
24 With delivery courier ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA 05:08
1 Piece
Thursday, February 04, 2016 Location Time Piece
23 Departed Facility in ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA 22:58
1 Piece
22 Arrived at Sort Facility ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA 22:56
1 Piece
21 Processed at ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA 11:46
1 Piece
20 Clearance processing complete at ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA 10:16
1 Piece
19 Customs status updated ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA 04:25
18 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 04:02
1 Piece
17 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 02:49
1 Piece
16 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 00:00
1 Piece
Wednesday, February 03, 2016 Location Time Piece
15 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 23:27
1 Piece
14 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 10:07
13 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 18:22
1 Piece
12 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:44
1 Piece
11 Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 16:54
1 Piece
10 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 16:43
1 Piece
9 Customs status updated HONG KONG - HONG KONG 10:47
8 Clearance processing complete at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 10:15
1 Piece
7 Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 10:13
1 Piece
6 Processed at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 10:12
1 Piece
Tuesday, February 02, 2016 Location Time Piece
5 Clearance event SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 19:17
1 Piece
4 Processed at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 19:16
1 Piece
3 Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 19:15
1 Piece
2 Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 19:10
1 Piece
1 Shipment picked up SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 17:46
1 Piece

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl