Buying direct from DJI in China

Ah I guess you take the chance with duty / taxes when it comes across the border. If you don't pay it .. It's a decent savings .. If you do .. It's only a little more than buying local.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I spoke to many Canadians who have purchased from DJI who paid no taxes or duty.

That's awesome !!!! This is def the route for next time !! And all you did was www.dji.com and then ordered ?

That's awesome !!!! This is def the route for next time !! And all you did was www.dji.com and then ordered ?

Yes. I think your address will work too. But I started here. Official DJI Online Store | DJI Store

I was going to order an extra battery. But decided to put that off as weather crappy here.
Also if I want some other things I can get the battery then. Shipping is free with $150USD purchase.
For Canadians they ship from China. For US, I think Cali.
Europe I don't know.
Before I ordered I emailed DJI and asked where they would ship from to Canada. The said China.
Anyone other than US or Canada I would check with DJI first.

I just want to know if any one had a problem with replacement of a DJI 3 A I purchase a new 3A and some problem i return the 3A it has been over 3 weeks And no replacement I sent 3 messages and and after a phone call they told me it's going to take 24 to 48 hrs to get back to me

I wish I could buy from DJI direct without a ridiculous margin. I am in Australia and pricing an Inspire with X5 now. View DJI website from Australia and its $7799 AU, connect from US with my VPN and its $4499 USD. Even with the conversion that is $1300 USD more, they do include free shipping though... Generous!

Phantom pricing is similar as far as inflated price goes.

My suspicion is that they align the price with the local retailers here (Pirates) to protect them from people having a chance to avoid being bent over at the time of purchase.

I have USD but I can't place the order with DJI and get the US pricing.

B&H photo is looking good.

Good information here. Can I pick your brains for a couple of things?

First, anyone else purchase Phantom/Inspire direct from DJI recently (January/February)? Trying to figure out if delivery is on time. Thanks for any info.

Second, anyone else have trouble purchasing with a credit card? I have no credit limit. Anyone pay a USD - CHN conversion fee, I thought they dealt in USD.

Thanks!

Good information here. Can I pick your brains for a couple of things?

First, anyone else purchase Phantom/Inspire direct from DJI recently (January/February)? Trying to figure out if delivery is on time. Thanks for any info.

Second, anyone else have trouble purchasing with a credit card? I have no credit limit. Anyone pay a USD - CHN conversion fee, I thought they dealt in USD.

Thanks!

I bought my P3A direct from DJI 3rd week of January at the beginning of the sale. Ordered on a Wednesday, delivered from China to Switzerland the following Monday, with no import duties (prepaid by DJI).

Very happy with delivery time... but not sure how good it would be if I need to send it back for service. I believe that the currency in which you pay is determined by your billing address/credit card. Mine defaulted to Euros, since they're not set up for Swiss Francs. Hope this helps.

Reactions: cdr34
It took 4 days before it left them and then it came from California

Just finishing up this thread.
My P3A arrived on Friday. Exactly 1 week from when I ordered online.
If I had not missed seeing their email requesting proof of identification it could have come a few days earlier.

What arrived?
P3A -W22B - FW 1.53+
RC - GL300C - FW 1.570

Have not flown. Have powered up engines, camera,gimbal. All good.
Took it out side and checked camera focus. Looks to be as good as any I have seen.
Very happy with it.

For Canadians.
The final bill on my credit card was $1166
That also include and extra set of blades and a tablet sunshade.

I'm a fellow Canuck. I'm used to getting hit with import duty fees which can be 15% or more of total value.

Did DJI China indicate up front that they cover import duty costs?

I just finish up with a call to customer service and things have not gotten any better all I was looking for just a tracking number the return of my drone any keep on telling me that it was in today's yet but on the 22nd I was told within 24 to 48 hours that I was going to get a tracking number. I guess the only way to solve this problem is with my credit card company DJI has had my drone for 19 days before four days ago they finally took a look at it to find it was an issue with the SD card I think that the service that I have a receipt from DJIA has been horrible

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers