Buying a used Phantom3 Pro

You should make sure it flies properly. If you're a seasoned Phantom flyer, that should be easy to determine if you take it for a test flight. If you're not, then it would probably be better to have the owner demonstrate it.

1. Gimbal / Camera is the most sensitive part. Check it's working correctly in still and video mode and gets you good quality results on SD card.

2. Check that you are able to fly at least 1000 feet. That ensures that antenna system is working ok

3. Check that you don't get errors like compass during flights

4. Check for stress cracks near mounting screws on the shell.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can see how many times a battery has been charged in DJI GO. There are flight logs stored on the Phantom's internal memory card, but they likely won't make sense unless you know how to read flight logs.

DJI Go app will show you battery conditions. Monitor cell to cell voltage difference and number of charges it has gone thru.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Can I look at flight logs and battery charges etc?

yes if the current user is with you it would all be on the device he uses.
or if they use healthy drones they could share the flights with you and much of that is shown there.

when I have sold mine ,
I would fly it for/with the buyer ,
show him all the basics of flight and how to calibrate compass etc.
show them video of the flight we just had etc.

never a callback or complaint and have used and resold 5 phantoms.

yes if the current user is with you it would all be on the device he uses.
or if they use healthy drones they could share the flights with you and much of that is shown there.

when I have sold mine ,
I would fly it for/with the buyer ,
show him all the basics of flight and how to calibrate compass etc.
show them video of the flight we just had etc.

never a callback or complaint and have used and resold 5 phantoms.

This is great when you sell locally, but many sell online and ship their phantoms. In a case like that you'd have to either ask if they have any video's they can send of their bird and/or ask as many questions as you can. I purchased mine from the classifieds here and the seller was honest and answered all questions I had and even gave me his number in case I had any issues. I've never had a problem though buying online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.