Broken propeller

Reaction score
Hi all, I broke a prop yesterday I was trying to land on the hood of my car and it hit the car antenna. Stupid thing to do. My question is, should I replace all my props? is it better to have 4 new rather then 3 used and one new? I noticed they are sold in packages of 2, so i'm thinking just replacing the broken one is ok.
Thanks in advance

You don't have to replace props that are not damaged. If the rest of the props look okay after visually inspecting them, there's no problem with replacing just one from a different package.

FYI, you should not take off, land, or calibrate your compass within at least 10 feet of any magnetic metal object.

[QUOTE="msinger, post: 1089600, member: 18206"

FYI, you should not take off, land, or calibrate your compass within at least 10 feet of any magnetic metal object.[/QUOTE]

Also learned the hard way. Thought landing on the lid of my truck was a better idea than a slushy, snow covered parking lot and actually had great control... until the last six inches.

That was my first experience reviewing a flight log and discovering it lost compass calibration shortly before it careened into my back window.

But to the OP, I replaced one prop and had no problems with balance, flight, vibration, or anything I could see or hear.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

To all.

Catch it on landing next time and every time. Let it hover in front of you, grab a landing gear and chop the throttle. No more worries about landing on metal stuff.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I saw a youtube video suggesting catching it with both hands, one hand on bottom of each landing gear.
Great way to get your face cut bad. Proper way is only one hand on one vertical strut of landing gear, as high and far from you as possible. You need the other hand to cut throttle. Walk to it, not it to you.

His reason for always catching the way he stated? Reduce stress on arms so cracking won't develop, otherwise one hand catch may cause it to struggle to right itself if you throw it off balance in any way.
Stupid.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl