Broke the 100 flight mark last week. Thinking of selling my bird though.

Here are two of my coastline videos. The first is the harbor at Rockport, Massachusets. The second one is from a family reunion at Kayak Beach North of Seattle near Stanwood, Washington. The Rockport video may have been shot in a ban area and I may not get to redo it next summer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope you enjoy them I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THIS UP.
Do Not Give this up Aaron.
Great videos. I snooped and looked at your YouTube page too. Keep filming!

Reactions: PhotoGuyAaron
The lack of fish eye and super crisp image really enhances the subject matter. The East Coast harbour is so picturesque.

What resolution are you shooting at and what editing software?

The lack of fish eye and super crisp image really enhances the subject matter. The East Coast harbour is so picturesque.

What resolution are you shooting at and what editing software?
I am shooting in 4K video. I edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. I have a lot to learn on the editing front. If you go to either of those videos in YouTube and are on a computer you can click the gear icon and turn the quality up to 2160P (4K). This only looks good on full screen though the bigger the better. When displayed at full rez in a small window you see distortions due to lots of info compressed to fit a small window.

Last I checked, it's the people in RC hobby that have been screaming about falling quads killing babies and destroying Ferraris that might be driving by - and why you should join AMA and fly at their 'designated' fields.

As people started to put up - and promote - all their crash footage on Youtube, general public got paranoid.

We are getting what we were asking for all along - restrictions.

Don't worry, the good ole' AMA will let you fly at their fields if you pay them each year for membership.
Yeah, good point. Not to mention hearing on the national news about how "several Drones caused the air operations of Firefighters (trying to control the forest fires in CA) to have to stop because the Drones were flying so close to their planes, in one case on top of one of the Firefighter's planes."
That gives us all a bad rep.

I am shooting in 4K video. I edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. I have a lot to learn on the editing front. If you go to either of those videos in YouTube and are on a computer you can click the gear icon and turn the quality up to 2160P (4K). This only looks good on full screen though the bigger the better. When displayed at full rez in a small window you see distortions due to lots of info compressed to fit a small window.
Yeah, good point. Not to mention hearing on the national news about how "several Drones caused the air operations of Firefighters (trying to control the forest fires in CA) to have to stop because the Drones were flying so close to their planes, in one case on top of one of the Firefighter's planes."
That gives us all a bad rep.

I would have loved to see a drone land on top of a flying plane.. that would have been one for the books.

I think anyone who has purchased a UAV or is thinking about getting one needs to realize that the investment could disappear or be trashed on the very next flight! If you own one and like flying then live for now, not what if. If your thinking about buying one, make sure the moneys not a big deal. I have phantoms with many miles and i've had some last only a week
I was reading about someone error had theirs "fall out of the sky" and the reality hit me. If one motor has serious problems for any reason the craft won't be controllable. And they're complicated! Airplanes glide, real helicopters autorotaye. But quadrocopters CAN come tumbling out of the sky. Sobering, especially after experiencing what a setup the P3P is with that gimble. Very easy to fly too. I was on a windy beach, and decided to land it up in my condo parking lot out of convenience. Shame on me though, it was not close to being in sight. I could see what I was above, and knew where I was. Isn't that the point? Like you're implying, eventually something will go wrong. If one of these things could fit a human, you'd be nuts to fly in it. We need cheap effective ballistic chutes.

Wow! Do Not Sell your Phantom! That is beautiful! Great shot, you have talent. Yes, the sun is a problem when you can only shoot in the morning. Sometimes late evening just before sunset is a good time for stealth shots too.
I think flying around a field, with a bunch of model planes with a P3P is rediculous. I hate to say it but some of these regulations could lead to scofflaw or civil disobedience behavior.

I was flying over a big open FL beach yesterday evening, and it becomes a spec in no time. With the video feed, it's very obvious if you are flying where you should be or not. I landed up in my parking lot. If I had been there in person, it would have been safer how? I saw the thing about two times in 15 minutes. I'm over a beach, great pains would be required to see it, I have perfect video and know exactly where I am the whole time, and what's beneath me. "Keep in sight" is the law right? Out dated with certain birds.

Flying one of these to a place you want to photograph, and back out with distances of 1000 yards now, and nobody will know where you came from. Are RC planes allowed in National Parks? Quads aren't very loud. If there is surf it can't be heard. Is noise the concern? It can't be visual. I lost one of my birds over the ocean. A Blade 350, and I was experimenting with a video setup. Wide angle, got disoriented, GPS though. RTH. It was quite close. But still very small, and silloquetted against the sky. So it can't be an eyesore the park people are worried about. They're hard to see when you're looking for them.

Do Not Give this up Aaron.
Great videos. I snooped and looked at your YouTube page too. Keep filming!
DON'T GIVE IT UP! If a ban is stupid, and I won't get caught, the hell with it. Non-stupid would include noise concerns (even if not fair), safety of course, other than that give me a break. If I can rent a plane, fly it at 500' and take pictures, but not with a quad from 100', I have a problem. I'll look at the penalties, and catch me if you can.

As bad as it sounds. But, I fly anywhere and everywhere. Im conscious when I'm flying though. I don't put anybody in danger. I flew at the FL keys in Key West and I had this guy come up to my while flying and told me theres an airport about 3 miles away and I shouldn't be flying so close. Even he was very curious of my Phantom and was asking questions. He said thats his dream toy and hopefully he will buy soon. I was less than 400 ft high and I understand the rules and regulations. I still got my shots. I've had police officers and all come up to me to ask about my Phantom. They were all interested and nobody has ever came up to me with a negative approach. I'm up in the air for around 20 minutes only unless I pop in another battery. That barely gives authority or security any time to react to complaints anyways. I land the bird as nice and calmly as possible just so I don't scare onlookers that I fly recklessly. I flown around buildings, mountains, yachts, boats, wave runners, parks, fireworks, cars, streets and anything else that interest me. I see no limits. If you are feeling unsure and already being harassed by your local police I would say sell it too. I can just see you having problems in your future with authority and things alike. The more I fly the more confident I get. The more risks I take. I educate a crowd of people that circle me every single time I lift off. I'm very well known around my county as the Drone Man. If my Phantom ever crashes it will not be my fault as I flown in very difficult places and came back just fine. It will be error on the birds part if something goes wrong. I just cant see myself without my Phantom and I know sooner or later it will crash because lets face it. It is just a flying computer and all electronics/computers have hiccups from time to time. The thing is its not like your computer on your desk where as if it freezes or lags its dropping 300 ft from the sky. I'm already aware of this possible incident and already thought of ways to come up with funds to buy another. If you don't think or feel the same way this hobby isn't for you.
If you want to get stealthy put your bird 200' from where you're going to fly from, and be in an inconspicuous spot when you take off and fly, and nobody will even notice you're flying it. I found yesterday that pairing a person to a drone is hard. I was hearing people talk about that drone while I was sitting 20' away flying it.

It will take time. I remember when snow boards weren't allowed at ski area. People were nervous, uninformed and scared of change. Now they out number skiers at most places. So what changed? Lots of interest and money.
The hobby will grow (it's just too cool not to) and governments will find ways to make money like annual drone licenses, park flying permits, etc. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.
Wow. It happened with pot, it will happen with drones. $$ rule every hungry government.

I always fly over the ocean. No complaints yet from Nemo, spongebob, Neptune, or any of those guys. Want trouble? Do low flights over a beach. No beach? Find a lake. No lake? Find forest.

I always fly over the ocean. No complaints yet from Nemo, spongebob, Neptune, or any of those guys. Want trouble? Do low flights over a beach. No beach? Find a lake. No lake? Find forest.

What if Robin Hood complains? LoL

Where I live theres a lot of them about.

Some AMA flight parks are dedicated to legacy airplane RC gangs, and they do not welcome quad flyers with newer tech. I had one club ask me to fly circles and figure eights at high speed for a flight test. While planes may do this easily, quads are a little more straight precision and/or programmed vector flyers.

On a thread about breaking 100 flights it is ironic we are about to break 100 comments.

In all seriousness I want to thank the community for your encouragement and wisdom. I am going to keep my P3P and just got a new case so I can travel with it and explore new territory.

Reactions: GoodnNuff and bbfpv
Some AMA flight parks are dedicated to legacy airplane RC gangs, and they do not welcome quad flyers with newer tech. I had one club ask me to fly circles and figure eights at high speed for a flight test. While planes may do this easily, quads are a little more straight precision and/or programmed vector flyers.
We should all be able to fly a circle or figure 8 with our drones...

On a thread about breaking 100 flights it is ironic we are about to break 100 comments.

In all seriousness I want to thank the community for your encouragement and wisdom. I am going to keep my P3P and just got a new case so I can travel with it and explore new territory.
Glad to hear that Aaron. Keep posting your videos too!

All that fuss and now your gonna keep it! Times like this karma usually kicks in for a crash landing!! Fly safe [emoji41]

Glad to hear that Aaron. Keep posting your videos too!
2 new videos:
(BMX in sk8 bowl)

(Seagulls in Flight)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
2 new videos:
(BMX in sk8 bowl)

(Seagulls in Flight)
Sorry about the add in the Sea Gulls video. I used free royalty free music and some times it put adds in. You can just click it closed and it will stay closed.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers