Bringing my P2 out of storage after 3 years. Question on software/firmware upgrades

Reaction score
I have a stock P2... the only mod that affects any system is I'm running an RE700.

Stock controller with 2.4 gain aftermarket antennas on the controller and the re700.

The last real flight was mid 2015.

Here is my question... I have taken her out for an around the yard test flight and everything checks out ok.

I have not kept up to date on software or firmware... I went to DJI and saw the firmware and software

updates but since I have the RE700 I'm concerned about updating and bricking my bird...

dji support link to firmware and software 11/6/2018

So many updates for firmware and software ... which can I safely do or SHOULD I do?

OR should I just leave well enough alone or can and or should I do updates.

FYI I have not hooked the bird upto a computer YET but I want to do IMU calibrations and other tests

and such. Am I ok to hook it up to do tests and calibrations or will it force updates and if so

will they brick my re700?

Here's an advance thank you to everyone for their response.

-=Fred=-

Someone stated that my bird having the RE700 is not a standard. It is a standard I just updated to the RE700 as a mod.

So I can hook it up to DJI assistant to test and do adjustments?

Just don't do any firmware update?

Just for the record under DJI P2 standard download they are offering assistant 3.8 date 1-30-2015 as the software of choice.

That download is Vision software and NOT standard.

Thanx everyone

-=Fred=-

Someone stated that my bird having the RE700 is not a standard. It is a standard I just updated to the RE700 as a mod.

So I can hook it up to DJI assistant to test and do adjustments?

Just don't do any firmware update?

Just for the record under DJI P2 standard download they are offering assistant 3.8 date 1-30-2015 as the software of choice.

That download is Vision software and NOT standard.

Thanx everyone

-=Fred=-

Fred, the Phantom 2 non-vision does not use RE700 extender only Phantom 2 vision use that equipment. The P2 uses a frequency of 2.4GHz which is the same WIFI. Now the P2 vision or vision + uses a frequency of 5.8GHz and the reason why is simple enough so WIFI's 2.4GHz runs the camera and gimbal.

In order for a P2 N-V to use FPV equipment, the frequency would have to be 5.8GHz as to not interfere with the controller and P2 N-V signal.

Well guys I just went back in my email from when I ordered it and it is in fact a Phantom 2 Vision with the standard white camera

apparently not the FC40 either

My apologies to everyone here for the misinformation. I did in fact upgrade the RE500 to a 700.

I'll move over to the appropriate board.

Thanx for everyone's help

-=Fred=-

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.