Brand New User - Weird Question

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New user to the Phantom 2 Vision+ here, first drone I've ever bought. I ordered my drone through amazon from a retailer in Miami, FL. I waited until I was able to order the V3.0 so I could get the new features, such as the gimbal control on the remote, the remote with rechargeable battery, etc. Anyways, I opened the box today and began looking at the owner's manual and saw that it was a manual for the previous versions? It talks about having to replace the AA batteries in the remote and stuff. I found this very odd. DJI didn't package an older drone in the wrong box did they? It does have the new remote, and it says V3 on the drone and the box. The retailer didn't pull something on me did they? It was just bizarre to me that this new V3 Phantom would have a user manual for the older models. The manual says it was printed in August 2014 and the one on DJI website it now from November 2014. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. Anyways, if anyone has any input or thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Shouldn't be an issue

I wouldn't worry about details... DJI is famous for going off half cocked and releasing things before they have finished all the literature and details to go along with it.

Easiest way to tell without taking the cover off...

On your landing gear your antistatic compass should look like this
PART18-Phantom-2-Vision+-Compass-anti-static.jpg

The threads on your motors are colored like this...
DJI_Phantom_2312_960KV_Motors__99900.1414249360.490.588.jpg

(Don't worry about the labels on the motors... They don't come on the V3 with printed labels)

If you don't want to open it up, look at the sticker on the bottom. Does it say V3? Do you have a controller that needs to be charged (no aa batteries)? Then you, my friend, most likely have a v3.

EDIT: post above mine is better. He has faster fingers!

plus on the bottom of the drone the sticker has v3.0 on it

My p2 came with old literature as well

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94