Brand new H3-3D major problems

Reaction score
I purchased brand new H3-3D a couple days ago, fitted it to my P2 with GoPro 4 and had one! amazing flight with the current setup

P2
IOS Mini
Black mamba Flysight TX

THEN I took it home as I wanted to customize the P2 settings a little more and I was promoted for the update I then upgraded the firmware of the H3-3D thinking nothing of it. From 1.0.0.4 to 1.0.0.6.

I then (without changing anything) took it back out for a new flight and The gimbal about 1 minute into the flight starts going crazy!!!

since then its done it every time. I've hard reset the gimbal by shorting the pins and reinstalled the firmware twice. Which is a pain because after reset the Gimbal doesn't show up in assistant manager, I had to try like 15 times before I could see it.

Sometimes the gimbal doesn't start up (calibrate and level) after booting the P2. and occasionally it does. I always add the camera to make sure its not just sitting in hibernation mode.

Sometimes when I take off the gimbal is well behaved for about 30 seconds then it just goes crazy!!! up down left right and looks like its having an epileptic shock.

Ive tried booting with true north. Ive tried other channels and bands on the transmitter thinking that it may be caused by interference.

Ive ruled out X1 pot, that works fine.

I've tried rolling back older firmware of the P2 by using assistant 1.8, 3.0 with no change.

When the gimbal doesn't boot, I get full video out and the LED on the gimbal, plus I
can hear that its on, I can hear the motors slightly. Is there a possibility that one of the wires on the grey zenmuse cable could be not making full contact? Sometimes when i touch the wires it boots but I don't know if its that 100% as its sporadic.

The only thing I haven't tried is mounting the interference board behind the gimbal. (If its interference from the transmitter thats causing it) I honestly think that its a firmware issue with 1.0.0.6 though as my flight yesterday was great!.

Heres a short Video so you can see whats happening.

http://youtu.be/O07M0EjJeDU

Does anyone know of a way to rollback to 1.0.0.4

Cheers, J

It's not the firmware. Have you counterbalanced for the extra weight of the H4B? It looks very much like your gimbal isn't balanced.

Yeah I thought about that too, no i haven't but it isn't that off tbh. it only rocks forward (downwards) and to the right (usb port side) very very slightly when turned off.

J

I don't think its firmware because today i managed after about 20 reboots to get it to connect to the assistant. I upgraded to 1.0.0.10 and on restart its still just hanging there doing nothing with the green light on.

I think it may be the zenmuse grey cable, maybe one of the terminals or something. I have video out and power so maybe its one of the pins that communicates positioning.

Does anyone have a pin out schematic of the zenmuse cable please? cheers.

J

ok. so i used the extra cable that came with the gimbal and bypassed the filter board, still nothing so its not the filter board and its not the long or short cable.

its 100% a problem with the gimbal.

Any ideas

J

I have the same problem
Today I upgraded to the latest gimbal firmware and now the gimbal just hangs dead.. It has power to it but its just totally limp...
Have also tried shorting it out and then re-installing the firmware but still its dead
Hopefully someone can find a fix!!!!

So I am completely fixed now, this is what I did.

I flashed again my h3-3d by shorting the pins. the top right and middle, not the top left and middle as shown in some other tutorials.

I downloaded the new firmware 3.4 (3.6 is out two days later now and I haven't updated to that yet) and flashed everything including the 1.0.0.10 firmware.

I removed the filter board from inside the phantom and placed it behind the gimble using the short cable to connect, this way interference can only effect a very short amount of cable.

this worked for me and I've had great smooth flights over 1000m away since.

Hope you work it out mate.

J

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl