Brand New Gimbal making terrible noise P4P

Reaction score
I just received my new Phantom 4 Pro in the mail a few days ago and noticed that the Gimbal is making a terrible sound. I'll attach a video of it below, I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? I haven't flown it outside yet, only inside in an open room. I've tried calibrating everything and no change.

Video of the sound:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Since posting this I have sent the drone back, not worth fixing if I can just get a refund and purchase a different one. If someone has the solution I would still be curious.

Sounds like the fans to me.

Sounds like the fans to me.
I can see how it could be taken as fans in the video, but when I had it in person it sounded like gears grinding, and it kept twitching like it does in the video over and over again. Calibrating it wouldn't fix it either. Also, I don't believe that there are any fans in the gimbal itself and the sound was definitely coming from either the gimbal or camera.

mine sounded like a cement mixer sent it back.
new one runs like an old buick.

Yea op def doesnt sound right. Sounds like those little brushless motors are struggling for some reason.

So today I bought a P4P and during the IMU calibration I heard the noise you described. But that was when the gimbal was at an extreme angle, which I would expect since the gimbal is at its limit. Once the calibration was over all was well. Also I understand the new firmware issued yesterday is suppose to correct the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.