Boscam TS321 - RC302 Antenna

Reaction score
Hey all, finally got a true FPV system for my FC40 (will post pics later). Does anyone know of any better antennas compatible with this system? Thanks!

Just curious what OSD you got with yours? I got mine too and I will be using cloverleaf antennas with mine instead of the standard ones that come with it. The Boscam system says it has a 4 KM range, but nobody that I know with one actually gets that even in an open area. Upgrading the antennas to cloverleaf will help with improving the signal, but not so sure about the range yet. Curious to see how you wire everything I will be finishing up mine sometime this weekend. I also got another camera to add to the system instead and will use the SJCAM to record video.

This is a great reference video by the way --->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Just curious what OSD you got with yours? I got mine too and I will be using cloverleaf antennas with mine instead of the standard ones that come with it. The Boscam system says it has a 4 KM range, but nobody that I know with one actually gets that even in an open area. Upgrading the antennas to cloverleaf will help with improving the signal, but not so sure about the range yet. Curious to see how you wire everything I will be finishing up mine sometime this weekend. I also got another camera to add to the system instead and will use the SJCAM to record video.

This is a great reference video by the way --->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't have any telemetry on it yet, just whatever the gopro shows on the screen.
The reason I ask this question is because I'm having trouble finding any cloverleafs for a 2.4ghz application. I tried using wifi antennas but they don't work at all.

i did 3.6km with the stock little antenna on the transmitter side and still had a solid signal .. but on the (RC802) receiver side am using a $30 BiQuad antenna .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141253529218

img_20141213_181022-jpg.16203

this setup works so well 3 of my friends are using it now .. have fun with ur long range FPV flights :)

Last edited:
Is your FPV under the hood or below the shell? The latter is preferred to avoid potential interference. I personally have too many electronics so I added cooper shielding to mitigate.
PMU, mini IOSD, Bluetooth module under hood
FPV transmitter, Flytrex, gimbal, gopro below shell

Is your FPV under the hood or below the shell? The latter is preferred to avoid potential interference. I personally have too many electronics so I added cooper shielding to mitigate.
PMU, mini IOSD, Bluetooth module under hood
FPV transmitter, Flytrex, gimbal, gopro below shell

I tried mounting it lower but still the same. I'm thinking that I may have to shield the GPS unit in the Phantom at this point.

Does anything thinking changing the channel on my Boscam could help?

Can you let me know what you have in your setup? I have the MINI SOSD and so far I am not having any issues at all. I am waiting for a camera to use for FPV instead of the SJCAM I just want to use that strictly for video recording.

Can you let me know what you have in your setup? I have the MINI SOSD and so far I am not having any issues at all. I am waiting for a camera to use for FPV instead of the SJCAM I just want to use that strictly for video recording.

I got it figured out, I had to change channels (from 4 to 7).

This thing is a weird OSD. I had to change mine to channel 8:rolleyes:

Oh and another question. Will wifi antennas work with this FPV system or are they on different types of 2.4ghz signals?

Interestingly enough, the antennas that came with mine are terrible. When I use them I get fuzzy screens, but when I use the cloverleafs that I bought, it's so smooth and clear. I tried it with all of the antennas that I have. It works with all of the antennas I bought from Rokland. The cheap ones that I have give fuzzy screens just like the antennas that come with ito_O I guess I know what antennas I am throwing away now:) The range is not as advertised so far, but I only did a ground test. The air test should be better. I will let you know once I take it up to test. Here is the link to where I buy antennas if you ever want to try them I have never had issues with these antennas and the quality is great. These will be good for the receiver, but you will need a light antenna for the transmitter.

http://store.rokland.com/collections/wi-fi-antennas

This is my favorite one ---> http://store.rokland.com/products/alfa-7-dbi-gain-rp-sma-directional-panel-antenna-apa-m04

i did 3.6km with the stock little antenna on the transmitter side and still had a solid signal .. but on the (RC802) receiver side am using a $30 BiQuad antenna .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141253529218

img_20141213_181022-jpg.16203

this setup works so well 3 of my friends are using it now .. have fun with ur long range FPV flights :)

If I ever decide to go out as far as you do I will definitely give this a try, but the alfa antenna works great right now at just a fraction of the cost.

So Apparently there is some mystery in regards to the dipswitch settings on the Boscam. The settings on the package are not accurate and will require some fiddling around to figure it out. I managed to put mine on Channel 1 as it is the one so far with little interference but the link below has some interesting reading in case anyone is interested:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread...tch-layout-for-Foxtech-BosCam-RC302-and-TS321

Ironically, I discovered this issue today when changing to Ch4. Started loosing satellites. Not sure why though...

Interestingly enough, the antennas that came with mine are terrible. When I use them I get fuzzy screens, but when I use the cloverleafs that I bought, it's so smooth and clear. I tried it with all of the antennas that I have. It works with all of the antennas I bought from Rokland. The cheap ones that I have give fuzzy screens just like the antennas that come with ito_O I guess I know what antennas I am throwing away now:) The range is not as advertised so far, but I only did a ground test. The air test should be better. I will let you know once I take it up to test. Here is the link to where I buy antennas if you ever want to try them I have never had issues with these antennas and the quality is great. These will be good for the receiver, but you will need a light antenna for the transmitter.

http://store.rokland.com/collections/wi-fi-antennas

This is my favorite one ---> http://store.rokland.com/products/alfa-7-dbi-gain-rp-sma-directional-panel-antenna-apa-m04

I just ordered a set of cloverleafs from the Hobbyking page you linked me to so I can't wait to try those out. The stock antennas aren't getting very far at all without cut outs.

That Alfa antenna is what I had on my wifi extender setup - does it work with the RC302?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31