Bored-Looking for More

I would like to see a back flip app game for the Phantom to see how many flips it takes before the gimbal fly's off.

Or inverted flight mode so I can take video straight up.

Time for another beer!

I have more flying fun with my Syma X5c-1 and Drominda Vista than with my P3P. However I bought the P3P for photos and video and it just happened to fly. I also think weather this time of year wears on some using the P3P. Currently, here in AZ the weather became great and I've been enjoying myself no matter what UAV I'm flying. Also, while I get the restrictions suck they are very important.

Overall, get some fun UAVs too, mix it up and try to be creative on the photography and video side with your P3P. I've liked sculpture, bridges and certain lakes to make pases over at sunrise and sunsets with my phantom. :)

I think of the Phantom as a tool that adds another dimension to videos, alongside go-pro's and my DSLR it's used to add to the hobby overall, I wouldn't use the other camera's every day week or sometimes month but its great to have it there when you need that one or two shots that really add to the overall video.

The sport of aerial video IS boring --- tweaking all the settings is not going to change that.

Every new technology needs a "killer app" or else it fades from the public consciousness and becomes a niche product. Computers were mainly for secretaries and accountants in the 80's until some guy named Tim Berners-Lee invented HTML and the WWW, and then every human on the planet wanted a computer. The Internet was the killer app that the computing world was waiting for.

The only killer app I can see for drones is delivery of goods. The FAA is eventually going to be forced to abandon the rules about BLOS and autonomous flight because the ability to transport items with drones is going to be too valuable to ignore. I'm not saying drone delivery is going to be mega-exciting for many years to come, but it will be a utility you can't live without. It's going to be like a microwave oven or an A/C unit --- you won't obsess over it but you'll sure miss it when it's not working.

I don't thoroughly agree with your opinion on some of what you said. The sport of aerial video is basically what you make of it. If you are an active participant of it, it would be rare to get bored doing it unless you were repetitive in doing the same thing each time out.

There is major stuff going on with drones then just delivering goods. Such as, agriculture. Watch the video of the new drone dji crated for spraying fields.
Firemen are using Thermal Imaging equipment and software to evaluate structure fires before sending a team inside them.
Some police departments are already learning how to abuse their uses with drones.
Federal & State Bridge Inspectors are using drones to inspect ways never before able.
Realtor's and Insurance industries use drones to measure properties.
The TV and Movie industry replace some helicopter use, plus include video just because the drone allows a unique view.
Plus more.....

At any rate the drone is becoming more a tool then a toy, in my opinion. And when I mentioned settings, I meant the current settings we do not have the ability to set. Such as, the speed, or the flight pitch angle, motor rpms, ect.

i cant wait till the parrot disco comes out i think it looks like a really fun drone to fly that could change how we fly but i also think it will come at a price!!

Are they able to hover in air and take pic's and video directly below it?

No doubt the HMV 500 will allow you to do everything you can't with the P3. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think once you become able to fly like seen in your video it would get old pretty quick. I often thought about that even after the 1st time of flying my 1st drone. I told my wife it was a good thing I could see the video while flying. She asked why's that? I explained that when flying it by eye only the fun factor wouldn't last as long. But with the camera it adds so much more. And there is no disputing that. :)
Bored from 3D flying? No, that's not a concern for me. There are just too many combinations to put together, to master, that it never gets old, just more fun... And the high speeds these units can travel, never gets old either. Hahaha
Do you think Tareq Alsaadi ever gets bored? Hahaha
No, I don't think he does... Not even at night. ;-)
That thing is a brute!
Yes, it is, and then some. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacker2611
Are they able to hover in air and take pic's and video directly below it?
Thats the problem i dont think they do but thats what your phantom is for these things are pure flying fun from what ive read with similar distances to the p3 front facing camera but the battery life as standard is up to 45 minutes you can use fpv googles with it.

In my household when we hear people complain about"oh I'm bored with my thousand dollar toy"we call that"White people problems"
slighty racist comment isnt it?

I would like to see a back flip app game for the Phantom to see how many flips it takes before the gimbal fly's off.

Or inverted flight mode so I can take video straight up.

Time for another beer!
I sneezed while flying and mine broke!

Totally agree with you here. The P3 is an amazing piece of technology yet I still somehow managed to get bored with it after a couple months. I ended up selling mine. The video was definitely the excitement factor for me but I got tired of flying around my house and seeing the same old stuff. I think that's bound to happen for the majority of users unless you are actually using it for professional filming work. In that case its a great tool.

Same for me, it's great. But tired of seeing the same things. Just keeping mine for vacation / travel. I bought 2 R/C airplanes.

I don't thoroughly agree with your opinion on some of what you said. The sport of aerial video is basically what you make of it. If you are an active participant of it, it would be rare to get bored doing it unless you were repetitive in doing the same thing each time out.

There is major stuff going on with drones then just delivering goods. Such as, agriculture. Watch the video of the new drone dji crated for spraying fields.
Firemen are using Thermal Imaging equipment and software to evaluate structure fires before sending a team inside them.
Some police departments are already learning how to abuse their uses with drones.
Federal & State Bridge Inspectors are using drones to inspect ways never before able.
Realtor's and Insurance industries use drones to measure properties.
The TV and Movie industry replace some helicopter use, plus include video just because the drone allows a unique view.
Plus more.....

At any rate the drone is becoming more a tool then a toy, in my opinion. And when I mentioned settings, I meant the current settings we do not have the ability to set. Such as, the speed, or the flight pitch angle, motor rpms, ect.

All of the above are COMMERCIAL USE!

TOTALLY RACIST. That's just how some people see the world. Unfortunately.
I am a white gentleman, and the statement didn't bother me, what so ever...
Everyone has a right to his or her opinion. So what's the big deal?
If he thinks we are spoiled rotten, that's his thoughts. Who cares?

Like you have never thought, or said out loud, some derogatory comment. Certainly we are only human, and human nature can be strange at times. Nothing to get stirred up about.
There used to be a silly joke about Adam and Eve.
It stated that Adam must have been white. Why?
Well did you ever try and take a rib from a black guy? Hahaha

Have a nice day.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Oh, well Isn't he racist? ;-)
image.jpeg

Ted Cruse is from Calgary Alberta... Hahaha
Sure, let a bright Canadian run the American show...

On topic, I don't ever get bored of RC flying, just look at my forum SIG. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

These came in today

Something happened to the uploaded photo of your new airplanes.
And I hate house cats... ;-) Loved the cat drone though. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl