New Member, not new to drones

Reaction score
Maybe not the best topic as a new member .... I have been a drone fanatic and addicted since day 1. (Hobby built by me, DJI Clone Knock off, 3dr Solo, & now Mavic Pro) The inevitable is going to happen and therefore aggressive government measures must be taken to protect the innocent. <sigh> yep I just said that.. I know I know it is not fair for the overwhelming amount of us that are safe/responsible owners however risk will continue to grow and will come to crescendo when an Airbus takes a digger in some US City. Here's What It Looks Like When a Drone Smashes Into a Plane Wing at 238 Mph

I have been trying to rationalize the crap out of this topic because I am so psst however the fact is there is simply to many stupid people to allow it to continue unchecked as it is now. Yep, we all get screwed due to a very very very very small few. I guess the idiot factor screwing everyone else is not a new concept.

I am sure in early 1900’s Tommy Gun owners had a blast shooting these automatic weapons at pumpkins/watermelons cans etc. legally just having an unbelievable amount of fun with friends and family however that ended quickly after folks started shooting at cops with them. Likewise, M80’s & Cheri Bombs in the 60’s where super awesome until a small number of dummies started blowing up other peeps.

We all knew this was coming and I guess we should be thankful they are not making them flat out illegal. If you have stock in a consumer drone only company get ready to dump it. Flying a consumer Mavic type drone in a couple years will be about as much fun as flying a kite just a lot more expensive. And.. if your neighbor calls the local sheriff because you are flying your old drone farther than just in your back yard well then get ready to open your wallet and/or get an attorney. (Assuming DJI hasn't already force deployed flight restrictions by then)

I guess you can Mod your Mavic Pro now so you can at least show it to your kids summer of 2024 how cool it was to own and fly these things legally with the functionality they once where allowed to have. (Up at your cabin, far away from all other humans, flying over the trees over the open countryside, at sunset/dusk) Sorry for the bleak outlook however the inevitable is near.

Maybe not the best topic as a new member .... I have been a drone fanatic and addicted since day 1. (Hobby built by me, DJI Clone Knock off, 3dr Solo, & now Mavic Pro) The inevitable is going to happen and therefore aggressive government measures must be taken to protect the innocent. <sigh> yep I just said that.. I know I know it is not fair for the overwhelming amount of us that are safe/responsible owners however risk will continue to grow and will come to crescendo when an Airbus takes a digger in some US City. Here's What It Looks Like When a Drone Smashes Into a Plane Wing at 238 Mph

I have been trying to rationalize the crap out of this topic because I am so psst however the fact is there is simply to many stupid people to allow it to continue unchecked as it is now. Yep, we all get screwed due to a very very very very small few. I guess the idiot factor screwing everyone else is not a new concept.

I am sure in early 1900’s Tommy Gun owners had a blast shooting these automatic weapons at pumpkins/watermelons cans etc. legally just having an unbelievable amount of fun with friends and family however that ended quickly after folks started shooting at cops with them. Likewise, M80’s & Cheri Bombs in the 60’s where super awesome until a small number of dummies started blowing up other peeps.

We all knew this was coming and I guess we should be thankful they are not making them flat out illegal. If you have stock in a consumer drone only company get ready to dump it. Flying a consumer Mavic type drone in a couple years will be about as much fun as flying a kite just a lot more expensive. And.. if your neighbor calls the local sheriff because you are flying your old drone farther than just in your back yard well then get ready to open your wallet and/or get an attorney. (Assuming DJI hasn't already force deployed flight restrictions by then)

I guess you can Mod your Mavic Pro now so you can at least show it to your kids summer of 2024 how cool it was to own and fly these things legally with the functionality they once where allowed to have. (Up at your cabin, far away from all other humans, flying over the trees over the open countryside, at sunset/dusk) Sorry for the bleak outlook however the inevitable is near.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers