Bored-Looking for More

Reaction score
I'm not bored with my P3P. But more so with the sport, I guess. For quite some time we were seeing something new nearly each day. And now it has slowed down to a crawl.

So now that there was a huge wave of new owners that acquired P3's around the Christmas holidays. And hopefully in that group there is some one that can bring some new excitement to the P3. I'm ready for that next wow factor somebody is willing to share with us!

I personally would attempt back flips if someone would create software that allowed us to adjust all settings...

The Phantom is a slow & steady aerial camera not meant for sport flying. Why not buy/build a sport UAV for that? It will do what you want and give you something new to play with.
I just ordered a racing UAV to see just how much more money I can waste. :D

I'd like to see the general buying public get bored as hell and move on and leave it those of us who are serious and really care. That would thin out the tens of thousands of morons and maybe then things would ease up a bit for the rest of us. Pipe dream

I'm not bored with my P3P. But more so with the sport, I guess. For quite some time we were seeing something new nearly each day. And now it has slowed down to a crawl.

So now that there was a huge wave of new owners that acquired P3's around the Christmas holidays. And hopefully in that group there is some one that can bring some new excitement to the P3. I'm ready for that next wow factor somebody is willing to share with us!

I personally would attempt back flips if someone would create software that allowed us to adjust all settings...
I do backflips Frank! It is exciting!
Dropbox - 10video-5270.mov

The Phantom is a slow & steady aerial camera not meant for sport flying. Why not buy/build a sport UAV for that? It will do what you want and give you something new to play with.
I just ordered a racing UAV to see just how much more money I can waste. :D
Which one did you buy?

Let's make phantom groups, meet, drink and fly together.

I am also looking forward for more fun.

Reactions: Trackman1
Reactions: Evel_Knievel
I do backflips Frank! It is exciting!
Yes, flips are good... ;-)
I bought myself a new model, one of these Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, for some thrills.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hahaha, should be a lot of fun this spring and summer. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Dome and Wacker2611
I bought myself a new model, one of these Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, for some thrills.

RedHotPoker

No doubt the HMV 500 will allow you to do everything you can't with the P3. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think once you become able to fly like seen in your video it would get old pretty quick. I often thought about that even after the 1st time of flying my 1st drone. I told my wife it was a good thing I could see the video while flying. She asked why's that? I explained that when flying it by eye only the fun factor wouldn't last as long. But with the camera it adds so much more. And there is no disputing that. :)

Reactions: Chris K
I'm not bored with my P3P. But more so with the sport, I guess. I personally would attempt back flips if someone would create software that allowed us to adjust all settings...

The sport of aerial video IS boring --- tweaking all the settings is not going to change that.

Every new technology needs a "killer app" or else it fades from the public consciousness and becomes a niche product. Computers were mainly for secretaries and accountants in the 80's until some guy named Tim Berners-Lee invented HTML and the WWW, and then every human on the planet wanted a computer. The Internet was the killer app that the computing world was waiting for.

The only killer app I can see for drones is delivery of goods. The FAA is eventually going to be forced to abandon the rules about BLOS and autonomous flight because the ability to transport items with drones is going to be too valuable to ignore. I'm not saying drone delivery is going to be mega-exciting for many years to come, but it will be a utility you can't live without. It's going to be like a microwave oven or an A/C unit --- you won't obsess over it but you'll sure miss it when it's not working.

Totally agree with you here. The P3 is an amazing piece of technology yet I still somehow managed to get bored with it after a couple months. I ended up selling mine. The video was definitely the excitement factor for me but I got tired of flying around my house and seeing the same old stuff. I think that's bound to happen for the majority of users unless you are actually using it for professional filming work. In that case its a great tool.

I have owned Phantoms mainly for obtaining great looking photos and video. I don't think I've even denting the surface of what can be done. I've not even scratched the Litchi app surface. For example, the next thing I want to do is to have the Phantom move from waypoint to waypoint very slowly, keeping the same action in frame and then speed up the footage. This will make the Phantom's movement look normal speed while the action it's shooting will be moving very fast. This is just one example. There are hundreds of other things I need to try in hundreds of different places.

Reactions: Chris K

RedHotPoker
That thing is a brute!

i cant wait till the parrot disco comes out i think it looks like a really fun drone to fly that could change how we fly but i also think it will come at a price!!

Which one did you buy?
Since I don't know if it is for me or not I picked up a cheap ARF Eachine 120 class. If I like it I will most likely build one form scratch. This will be my first set of goggles too, should be fun!

Since I don't know if it is for me or not I picked up a cheap ARF Eachine 120 class. If I like it I will most likely build one form scratch. This will be my first set of goggles too, should be fun!
I can't stand goggles, I feel such a nob head with them on.

Totally agree with you here. The P3 is an amazing piece of technology yet I still somehow managed to get bored with it after a couple months. I ended up selling mine. The video was definitely the excitement factor for me but I got tired of flying around my house and seeing the same old stuff. I think that's bound to happen for the majority of users unless you are actually using it for professional filming work. In that case its a great tool.
Depending on where you are you could try more interesting locations. I tried flying uphill in a canyon and think I will go back and try it even lower.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

In my household when we hear people complain about"oh I'm bored with my thousand dollar toy"we call that"White people problems"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers