Blur problem in video (every 2-3 seconds).

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 6 flights with my Phantom 3 advanced and very happy with the drone, but now when i get more experience with the drone and it's camera, i have found maybe some problem with the camera.

The video blurs in every 2-3 seconds. Also all taken pictures have blur effects.

First i though that it is maybe a problem and the problem comes because unbalanced propellers or so, after couple fly's i noticed that it comes even the drone is in the ground and no windy conditions. Copter have never crashed and all the foams etc. were taken off from the first flight.

What is your opinion, and more important... is this the problem so big that you take your Phantom 3 to warranty service?

There is also 2 videos that you can see it for yourself. One is originally .mp4 and other is .Mov Quality is ISO 100, Shutter 50 and 1080p /50 (PAL).

Links:

MOV:
MP4:

Do you have a video showing this in more realistic conditions during normal use?.
It almost looks like focus hunting but presumably focus on this camera is fixed!
I would think the chair where you see it most is closer than it is designed to focus, or at least it won't be optimised for anything so close.

Found same problem from the Youtube, sounds like the same sound.
Seems like i have to take it to warranty repair:

Found same problem from the Youtube, sounds like the same sound.
Seems like i have to take it to warranty repair:

I am starting to think this is what I am seeing too? I am really frustrated because I really enjoy flying it!

The strange thing is when I first opened the phantom and started it up is did this but once I calibrates the gimbal that stopped. It does make that noise as it starts but once the camera does its orientation, it stops. I am going to test it further. Could you see the issue in the trees in my video?

At the moment the importer says that this is RMA issue, the problem is that repair quote is approx 1 1/2 months in DJI. Not a nice thing, when you have fly with it 1h and take it to warranty service which takes 1 1/2 months :(.

That is so unfortunate-- :eek: they certainly were not prepared to service when they released the P3-- maybe have a better chance of getting an authorized dealer to handle the issue for you-- they may be able to get it back to you sooner:rolleyes: Im sure that the quality in the manufacture process is suffering because they are under the gun to get all the pre-orders filled as well as having to deal with warranty problems. Not enough people and not enough spare parts:confused:

At the moment the importer says that this is RMA issue, the problem is that repair quote is approx 1 1/2 months in DJI. Not a nice thing, when you have fly with it 1h and take it to warranty service which takes 1 1/2 months :(.
We're they listed on DJIs website as a dealer? I have not heard back from the company I purchased mine frime but I would consider this a defective unit.

I have discussed with the seller and said that 1 1/2 month repair quote is too much waiting to repair 1h used Phantom and i maybe have to cancel the deal.
My dealer taking my side and contacted the importer, the problem is, can't get new advanced because they cannot deliver it (no drones in Finland left).
Luckily they give option for me to put a little bit more money and change the model to Professional, what i decide to do. I will get a new bird in a week :).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj