Blown video output circuit

DKDarkness said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
I am not knowlegable on this but I believe I have read that behaviour like that is linked to replacing the top of the quad in the wrong orientation ? This makes the GPS think its tipping in one direction and it compensates but the control input is wrong so it flips ?

Good suggestion. The cover is on the right way though. Took the P2V apart, inspected all solder points, no obvious faults I'm afraid. Maybe the replacement main board is defective?

Ended up writing DJI support europe. They sent me an answer. They have a disclaimer in their mails saying the content is confidential, so I can't quote the email. The essence was: We don't know what you have done. You should have returned it to your dealer. Now your warrenty is void. - Very helpful. I wrote back and asked if I can post the mail here, to inform others of their business practice.

DKDarkness said:
DKDarkness said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
I am not knowlegable on this but I believe I have read that behaviour like that is linked to replacing the top of the quad in the wrong orientation ? This makes the GPS think its tipping in one direction and it compensates but the control input is wrong so it flips ?

Good suggestion. The cover is on the right way though. Took the P2V apart, inspected all solder points, no obvious faults I'm afraid. Maybe the replacement main board is defective?

Ended up writing DJI support europe. They sent me an answer. They have a disclaimer in their mails saying the content is confidential, so I can't quote the email. The essence was: We don't know what you have done. You should have returned it to your dealer. Now your warrenty is void. - Very helpful. I wrote back and asked if I can post the mail here, to inform others of their business practice.

Finally got written consent from DJI Europe to post the content of the mail from them. For others in a similar situation, this is how support is handled from DJI Europe:
Den 20/03/2014 kl. 16.03 skrev "Support2.europe" <[email protected]>:

Hi,
Unfortunately I´ve no clue what you´ve done and how you´ve soldered and mounted the board.
I can offer you to return the Phantom to our service via your dealer, to get it repaired, but this won´t be covered by your warranty.
You should have done that in first place.

Thanks
Best Regards,
Karl Dill
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
Im Birkenfeld 2
97795 Schondra
Germany
Reg: Schweinfurt – HRB 6565
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 48852901
Tel: 00 49 (0) 9747 9304200
Fax: 00 49 (0) 9747 9304229
Email: [email protected]
<image001.gif>
http://www.dji.com
This email and any attachments are confidential. They may contain privileged information and are intended for the named addressee(s) only. They must not be distributed without DJI GmbHs consent. If any Content of this e-mail is published (for example on forums) without our express permission in writing, then we will cease any further correspondence. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it. Unless expressly stated, the opinions and/or views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender, and not of DJI GmbH. We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take full responsibility for virus checking. DJI reserves the right to monitor all email communications though its network.
P Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

Sent: 20 March 2014 15:15
To: [email protected]
Subject: Doing somersaults after replacing central circuit board on Phantom 2 Vision

I recently fried the resistor on the central circuit board of my DJI Phantom 2 Vision, by plugging the jack connector into the camera while the Phantom was powered on. It could still fly, but the camera did not transmit.

After replacing the central circuit board, my DJI Phantom 2 Vision will not fly. I have done both simple and advanced calibration of the IMU from the DJI Phantom 2 APP, but the Phantom still does somersaults when trying to lift off. This is both dangerous and expensive, since I have to replace 2-4 propellers every time I try to debug the problem.

How do I prevent this from happening, and what could be the cause? Is there some steps I have missed in replacing the central circuit board?

Regards,
Terje T. U. Larsen
Denmark

Something is wired or installed backwards. Either the motors are in the wrong position or they're wired incorrectly.

ianwood said:
Something is wired or installed backwards. Either the motors are in the wrong position or they're wired incorrectly.

Thank you, that was actually helpful :) I found that the connector that goes into M1-M2-M3-M4 was inserted backwards (so that the grooves in the connector actually fit into the recess in the NAZA-M) looking at pictures I took before replacing the part, it goes in the other way around :) (Red wire to M1, brown wire to M4)

Now I am uncertain if the rest of my connectors are mounted right. I can't make it out on my photos, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Phantom 2 Vision?

Hi guys,

What was your solution to this?

I have done the same thing. I have blown the same component and dont want to have to replace the whole phantom 2!

When I bridge the blown component with a peice of wire.... i can get power to my FPV. However no video signal gets transmitted?

DO you know why this would be ? Do you know how I can fix this?

What was your solution?

Hi guys,

What was your solution to this?

I have done the same thing. I have blown the same component and dont want to have to replace the whole phantom 2!

When I bridge the blown component with a peice of wire.... i can get power to my FPV. However no video signal gets transmitted?

DO you know why this would be ? Do you know how I can fix this?

What was your solution?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1