Reaction score
I think my camera needs a black ribbon cable replacement on the gimbal. What kind of data is sent through the black ribbon cable ? What issue might one except if the ribbon cable is faulty/broken? I can still move the motors on the gimbal,there is just no live feed or camera lights coming from the camera. Any advice? please help!!!! thanks.

Which flex cable are you referring to? There are 2. On the H33D 1.1 and H43D uses 2 flex cables. 1 big flex cable runs through out the gimbal to send gimbal motor positions, power and video data and 1 small one on the gopro mount plate just runs video and power to the gopro.

Look at the mounting plate and see if there are lights - if its on red, then there is power going through the gimbal but it may have problems initialising.
Use the Phantom Assist software and see under the firmware tab that the H3/H4-3D is detected. It should give you a firmware edition if its communicating.

If this all fails, look up on how to reset the gimbal on youtube. You just metal scissors to short out 2 positions on the gopro mounting plate.

Which flex cable are you referring to? There are 2. On the H33D 1.1 and H43D uses 2 flex cables. 1 big flex cable runs through out the gimbal to send gimbal motor positions, power and video data and 1 small one on the gopro mount plate just runs video and power to the gopro.

Look at the mounting plate and see if there are lights - if its on red, then there is power going through the gimbal but it may have problems initialising.
Use the Phantom Assist software and see under the firmware tab that the H3/H4-3D is detected. It should give you a firmware edition if its communicating.

If this all fails, look up on how to reset the gimbal on youtube. You just metal scissors to short out 2 positions on the gopro mounting plate.
The gimbal and camera are standard DJI cam. I see no red light and there is power going through the gimbal as it does level out when stating up the bird. I was referring to the black ribbon cable that can be seen running through the gimbal on the outside. that cable sends video feed correct?

The gimbal and camera are standard DJI cam. I see no red light and there is power going through the gimbal as it does level out when stating up the bird. I was referring to the black ribbon cable that can be seen running through the gimbal on the outside. that cable sends video feed correct?
This thing?
DJI-H3-3D-56 DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Video Output Connection - Hobby Stores, Hobby Shop, RC Drones, RC Cars, Just Hobbies
Or look up H3-3D Video Output Connection on eBay.

That USB cable sends video and power to the gopro via the USB port.
These tend to break easily and its known that some users install them backwards.
Have you installed it correctly or is yours just simply damaged from accessing the SD card?

This thing?
DJI-H3-3D-56 DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Video Output Connection - Hobby Stores, Hobby Shop, RC Drones, RC Cars, Just Hobbies
Or look up H3-3D Video Output Connection on eBay.

That USB cable sends video and power to the gopro via the USB port.
These tend to break easily and its known that some users install them backwards.
Have you installed it correctly or is yours just simply damaged from accessing the SD card?

I dont have a zenmuse gimbal, or a go pro camera. Only the camera that came with the drone from DJI is the one is use (small grey cam). i havent installed anything still trouble shooting. its a DJI phantom p2 v + 3.0........ I guess i need a new black ribbon cable, im pretty sure its not the one you listed. its much longer and goes to all parts of the gimbal, i think thats the broken one.

If you had a crash, pictures would help.

The camera initiates but you are getting no FPV?
Can you tell me if you are getting telemetry (GPS, Radar, Battery, SD status)?
Are you getting just a black screen on your DJI Vision app?
If "Disconnection Broken" warning then check the gimbal cables.
If busy circular in middle of screen then your wifi module could be dead.

Replacing the flex cable is not for the weekend mechanic. Tiny parts, fragile parts. There are several folks who will replace the cable for $100 or so.

Drone Spy,
Did you get the answer you wanted on replacing the ribbon cable on your P2V+ V3.0 camera?
I specialize in repairing these cameras and I would love to get $100 for 15 minutes of work. I have a hard time justifying $25 in labor for installing a $9 ribbon, but, yes there is a but. Replacing the ribbon may not solve your problem. It depends on the amount of damage that created the need to replace the ribbon. Usually, if the ribbon gets severed, that means the roll motor separated from its bracket. There could be other issues with the other components that keep the camera from full function. Let me know what the issues are and I'll do what I can from the forum.

Jim

Drone Spy

I think you have a PV2+ - all the versions afaik come with standard dji camera and all have a fragile black ribbon cable connected to the gimbal. When I last got one it was about US$25 for two.

The replacement of this is quite easy PROVIDED you are careful - as said by someone else here if the cable is dammaged you may have sustained other damage at the same time and if that was to the gimbal then it may start to get expensive - but often it is just the pin in the gimbal that needs to be reseated. There is plent of advice of youtube about all aspects of repair and mods to the P2V+

Have a look at t his and others on the sidebar of youtube when you click on this link - and good luck

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic