Binding problems ...compatibility of RX V# vs. RX V5 receiver board ....

Uli

Reaction score
I had a crash, and now my RC does not bind to the Phantom 2. I followed all advice I could read, to no avail, so then I bought a new RX board and put it into the drone. However I was sent a RX 2.4 G V1 (not the V5 that I had originally) and after installing it, the RC is still not connecting to the MC. The RC calibrates fine by itself. But clearly the RC does not bind.
Upon turning on the MC, the small diode light of the RX flickers for a moment in green, then turns solid red. If I try to bind, by pressing the set up button (even longer than 2 seconds), the red light blinks, but as soon as I am off the button it turns solid red again. Meaning, I am afraid it is not setting itself in binding mode. Which makes me wonder:
is it a problem with the replacement board (RX V1 replaces RX V5) and there is no backward compatibility, or is it a problem with another component on the motherboard of the drone? Or is something wrong with my RC after all. Could there be a frequency problem? Any suggestions and comments are welcome. In fact I am desperate :-(

I had a crash, and now my RC does not bind to the Phantom 2. I followed all advice I could read, to no avail, so then I bought a new RX board and put it into the drone. However I was sent a RX 2.4 G V1 (not the V5 that I had originally) and after installing it, the RC is still not connecting to the MC. The RC calibrates fine by itself. But clearly the RC does not bind.
Upon turning on the MC, the small diode light of the RX flickers for a moment in green, then turns solid red. If I try to bind, by pressing the set up button (even longer than 2 seconds), the red light blinks, but as soon as I am off the button it turns solid red again. Meaning, I am afraid it is not setting itself in binding mode. Which makes me wonder:
is it a problem with the replacement board (RX V1 replaces RX V5) and there is no backward compatibility, or is it a problem with another component on the motherboard of the drone? Or is something wrong with my RC after all. Could there be a frequency problem? Any suggestions and comments are welcome. In fact I am desperate :-(

Is the remote turned on when try to bind? It should be and at least 3 feet away from the P2. Also make sure you plugged signal cables into the right place on the naza module.
IMG_3615.jpg

Last edited:
Is the remote turned on when try to bind? It should be and at least 3 feet away from the P2. Also make sure you plugged signal cables into the right place on the naza module.
View attachment 39021
Hi Jason, Yes I double checked again, X1 and X2 and X3 are connected just the way as in the picture. I also double checked with binding over a distnce of more than 3 feet. with RC on first, and RC off. Strange thing, how the green light of the RX flickers for a moment before turning permanently red .... as if it looks to bind and then gets rejected. Is there anything about the frequency of the RC (DJ6) that I could have screwed up? I did turn the a screw on the underside that lead to a potentiometer or whatever it is called.

Hi Jason, Yes I double checked again, X1 and X2 and X3 are connected just the way as in the picture. I also double checked with binding over a distnce of more than 3 feet. with RC on first, and RC off. Strange thing, how the green light of the RX flickers for a moment before turning permanently red .... as if it looks to bind and then gets rejected. Is there anything about the frequency of the RC (DJ6) that I could have screwed up? I did turn the a screw on the underside that lead to a potentiometer or whatever it is called.

Were is how rx LED works if RC unit is the LED is red the minute the RC is turned on the LED is green no matter whether it is paired or not. Sound like you may have either a defective RX or maybe a damaged naza module caused by the crash. I think I'd return the RX module for a replacement. Who did you by it from? The next question is this a P2 non vision or vision, vision + or vision+ v3?

Thanks Jason, and happy new year!
It is a P2 non vision. I guess I should/could chance another RX (the correct V5) and then look at replacing the NAZA module. The RX came from HongKong, RC 711 is the company. I live in Trinidad, so sending it back costs too much ...
The RX V5 is around US 55 on ebay, but the NAZA?
In any case ... thanks for confirming my suspicion ... just glad it's not the RC

Thanks Jason, and happy new year!
It is a P2 non vision. I guess I should/could chance another RX (the correct V5) and then look at replacing the NAZA module. The RX came from HongKong, RC 711 is the company. I live in Trinidad, so sending it back costs too much ...
The RX V5 is around US 55 on ebay, but the NAZA?
In any case ... thanks for confirming my suspicion ... just glad it's not the RC

Normal price US for the naza module is $229.00. If you order a new RX receiver try to order it from an DJI authorized dealer.

Normal price US for the naza module is $229.00. If you order a new RX receiver try to order it from an DJI authorized dealer.

Hi Jason, So I replaced the NAZA Module ... no success. Same behaviour. I start to think that there may be a problem with my RC (2.4 ghz). To rephrase. My RX board in the drone turns green for a split second when I start it up, before turning solid red. When I press the RX binding switch it blinks red as long as I press it, and then immediately turns solid red again. It never seems to get into a state where it 'listens' for the RC. I will try to find another 2.4 ghz RC to see if it will bind. Question: does it have to be a DJ 6? Or will any 2.4 ghz RC work. If that fails, I will try replace my replacement RX Ver. 1 board with the original RX Ver. 5 RX board .... any thoughts? If that fails ... I have not got a clue ...what next.

You replaced the 2.4GHz signal module and you also checked to make sure X1 & 2 back to naza correctly. So that was done. Being that was a new signal board you replaced it should red when the P2 is powered up and stay red until the RC controller is turn on then it should turn green and stay that way whether the controller is paired or not.to the P2.

I will have to get back to you on this in a day or two.

Turns out that after changing out the NAZA Modukle and changing out the reciever module that I had a faulty RC. I have not got an idea how the RC could have malfunctioned, as it was never dropped and fairly new (less than a year and not used often).
In any case, to verify: indeed the Transmitter 2.4 ghz Ver. 1 is obviously interchangeable with Ver. 5, otherwise the copter would not have bound, once I connected a functioning RC. You learn something new every day. Thanks again for your efforts jason!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic