Beware your P4P 2.0 could be a dangerous good

Never ceases to amaze me at how much of an "instant gratification" people we have become. Defiantly not DJI's fault. I think I will contact DJI and demand compensation from them because they said I would enjoy flying my drone. Well it's been crappy weather for a week and haven't enjoyed it at all!!!!

Quite interesting, after reading this post, I read a couple more, then found this. Granted, this linked post is dealing with more than one lithium battery, but, it only takes one to spark for whatever reason, and this could happen. Some people are getting their lithium batteries then ordered on time. Others aren’t getting other things they ordered on time. Two families and many co-workers, and friends aren’t getting a family member back at all.

The P4P took one day from China via Hong Kong to Sydney. It sat in Sydney for 8 days. Then it was transported via road, 2 days
Asia 1 Australia 10.
If that is not frustrating I don't know what is. Anyway its over.
I almost never get frustrated, just wanted my new toy to do this.

Silver Lake P4P v2.0 and BT 300
If it took Asia 1 why not 1 day for Australia?
You can bet that if you paid a company after it was delivered within a day of what was possible. Like in this case 3 days, it would happen in 3 days.

I am not a liberal cry baby. Not even a Liberal.

Yours
Crybaby
If its any consolation (though I think not} I have had items (not from overseas) take 6 days plus a weekend to do less than 40 klms across Sydney...not with DHL...but Australia Post....and then AP have the nerve to send an email asking "How did we do?" to see if the delivery experience was ok.....???!!!

You got your package. You can blame whoever you want but neither is going to compensate you for nothing. Enjoy the quad and move on to flying instead of trying to figure out who owes you what.

I didn't think of that right off, but that has to be the reason. The LiPo Batteries can be dangerous. So I would not blame DJI on this one!

Exactly. I posted earlier about a UPS plane catching fire and crashing in Dubai. It caught fire because of a large shipment of batteries. I provided a link to it. Quite sad that the two pilots perished in the fure and the crash. This is exactly why batteries are required to be labeled as dangerous cargo.

I think you’re over reacting bud, what type of compensations were you thinking of? If I may ask.
Don’t cry and fly! But Smile my friend!

DJI stamped my order for my P4P 2.0 as a dangerous good. So it sat in an airport in Sydney for 8 days! Yes fpr 8 days.
DJI said I would have it in 3 days, well it took 11 days.
DLH blamed DJI and DJI blamed DHL. Then DJI said well we did say it could be up to 15 days.

I said I did not want an apology or explanation from either of them but some sort of compensation. Guess what I got from both for this pathetic service by both of them?
An apology.
So be warned if you are going to order your P4P 2.0, once they have your money they do not care a dam.
View attachment 99310

John, you had a bit of a rough run, mine was shipped out of Hong Kong 36 hours to Austpost Welshpool sorting centre where it sat for 5 days before being on shipped.................

Oh sorry FL_Mike so 8 days in an airport is ok or normal? I didn't know that. Now I am happy.
After all my hopes of getting it on the 17th of May when DJI said I would get it. I got it on the 25th.
Maybe you would be ok about that but I am not. Yes I did get the bird and a very pretty bird it is.
DJI should have got off their big bag of money and stepped on some DHL toes and moved it on. I can bet you if they would have made more money out of it they would have kicked some DHL **** so hard it would have been here a lot faster.
Anyway thanks for making me feel better knowing that 8 days is ok or normal or justifiable.
I am sorry if I sound somewhat p*****.
And 5% of my salary has gone to 3rd world liberation movements for 40+ years and a lot more time and effort.
I do understand your point John you spent your money not just for a product but for a service. I'm the same way if I'm told something at checkout I expect it

I do understand your point John you spent your money not just for a product but for a service. I'm the same way if I'm told something at checkout I expect it
It's one thing if when ordered the company delayed shipping out the product.... it's a completely different issue if it's the shipping company/customs or something not controllable by DJI! I don't care who you are, no one can control a shipper or customs once it leaves the manufacturer! It's on thing to locate a lost shipment, completely different when you know the location but it's being held for some unknown reason. If you find a way to please inform me as we ship worldwide, several hundred packages a month and I have never had any success when packages are delayed at customs.

Ok my learned colleagues, it seems as though it was a customs delay. The reason I pointed the finger at both DHL and DJI is that DHL indicated it was DJI's wrong labelling of the product. They blamed each other. And as I indicated my frustration was because I wanted my toy so much. In a way it was well worth the wait, its an engineering masterpiece in so many ways. Still not a quiet as the Mavic Pro or the platinum edition but then again its a lot more sophisticated and powerful.
But I still stick by my guns 8 days is not professional and I appreciate those supportive comments by yourselves.
Perhaps someone got a kick up the pants in customs and it will reduce the time of the next order.
I am sorry if I created such a stir in this forum, it was not my intention. It was more of a passing remark, not to start a lengthy debate.
I also apologise if I came across as aggressive or unhappy. I am a very passive and happy little flower. Even more happy now I have a bird (oops flying camera) that can soar in to the high sky and let me see and record our world from on high.

Reactions: Rick218

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj