Best way to upgrade to a camera/gimbal? P2 stock

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought my P2 new last year, I had no intention of using it as a flying camera, I just wanted to learn to fly first off. Now I'm starting to take an interest & was wondering how to retrofit a camera & gimbal to my P2? Is there a particular way that is done often? Or is it too expensive & people just upgrade to a P3/P4 with camera included?

Reactions: Bigjimknickers
Also, no I don't want the whole FPV thing, I was thinking all I want is a gimbal & an Sjcam 4000 but a plug n play one ideally.

Also, no I don't want the whole FPV thing, I was thinking all I want is a gimbal & an Sjcam 4000 but a plug n play one ideally.

The camera and gimbal will give the ability to record aerial footage. It will however not give you the ability to see what you are filming/framing. You are essentially flying blind.
In order to see what the Phantom sees, you will need the following:
Bird side:
An FPV transmitter
Antenna
Maybe a plugin HUB

On Controller side:
Display panel
FPV Receiver

Soldering is required.

This will all add up. Do what @jason suggested and get a dedicated aerial camera like the P3Adv.

Reactions: Bigjimknickers
Hello all, I bought my P2 new last year, I had no intention of using it as a flying camera, I just wanted to learn to fly first off. Now I'm starting to take an interest & was wondering how to retrofit a camera & gimbal to my P2? Is there a particular way that is done often? Or is it too expensive & people just upgrade to a P3/P4 with camera included?
Hi i have had my p2 for 2 years i bought H3-3D GIMBAL And i use gopro hero 3 silver edition hd camera, i fitted a transmitter to go pro bought the black pearl monitor and i can see live feed when flying, it effectivley puts you in the cockpit, also called FPV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez