Best tablet for the $$$? Phantom 4.

Is anyone using the iPad Mini 2 or 3? It looks like using the full iPad Air might be a bit clunky. Is the additional screen size worth it? Also, does the new Retina screen help in bright sunlight?
I use the iPad Mini2 with my P3P, it uses the older A7 CPU. This is the minimum CPU needed with iOS to work OK. The Mini2 works fine in temperatures under 90F. Make sure you never fly with a case installed over a Mini2 because that restricts cooling efficiency. Above 90F the Mini2 will overheat and the video will quit working, until it cools down again. The Mini3 has the same old A7 CPU, so it will likely have the same overheating issue above 90F.

The newer A8 CPU found in the iPad Mini4 doesn't have the same overheating problem because this newer CPU uses less power, hence it runs cooler. The iPad Air2 also uses the A8 CPU, and I use that with my P4. It doesn't overheat like my Mini2. If money is no problem, right now I think the iPad Mini4, 64GB, with Cellular is the best overall setup for size, brightness and software compatibility. iOS supports 2X lossless Zoom with the P4, android doesn't yet. The iPad Air 2, 64GB with Cellular is also very nice, but sometimes it seems too big, but that just me. It's hard to choose between these two devices, both are really good. However, when the CrystalSky 7.9" is released, I may have to go that route and sacrifice the 2X zoom support.

BTW, I prefer Android in general. My phone is an LG-G5 and it's great. I'm really not a fan of iOS, but I won't go into all the reasons. However, to fly my Phantoms, the newer iPads work very good.

Last edited:
BTW, I prefer Android in general. My phone is an LG-G5 and it's great. I'm really not a fan of iOS, but I won't go into all the reasons. However, to fly my Phantoms, the newer iPads work very good.
Same reason I have an Air 2, just seems like Android owners have more software issues than IOS with this particular application. iPads are a nice bit of kit having said that.

Same reason I have an Air 2, just seems like Android owners have more software issues than IOS with this particular application. iPads are a nice bit of kit having said that.

Same here. Just got the Ipad Air2 32gb. I like the bigger screen.

I'm picking up an iPad Mini 4 32GB wifi/cell tomorrow and plan on only using it for my P4 and nothing else. Is 32GB enough if I'm only using it for my P4?

32 gigs should be enough. I got 128 because I know I'll want to copy a bunch of music and end up with some other stuff on it.

I had several problems with the galaxy tab A & S-2.
Someone said it was the new version of android?
I sold both of them but the tab A was to big with the 10.1 screen I thought.
I purchased the iPad mini 4, no problems & perfect size too.
Never had an apple product before but for the p-4 it's works.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Has anyone used a Garmin Glo to provide GPS data to a wifi-only iPad mini 2? If so, I'd be interested in hearing how well (or poorly) it worked... Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Found an ellipsis 8 laying around in my house that someone left. Just put it on the charger to see if it is compatible. If it is should I use it or will it just cause trouble? I'm using my 6s+ right now which is fine but I'd like a bigger screen.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20