Best tablet for DJI GO

When you say with cellular, do you have to have the ipad connected to your phone plan, or will the gps work without it? Is this an example of the model you are refering to? Sorry for the noob question, just want to make sure I am getting the right one...
Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display ME276LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black with Space Gray
Don't get the Mini 2, See my post number 222 above for details

I have the K1 and there is no lag. It is a crazy powerful tablet and for $200 its a smokin deal.

Agree. AND the price is right. I finally got mine set up with a sunshade. It works outstanding ! Highly recommend it !

Reading this thread makes me wonder if I made a mistake not getting the Mini 4, I got the mini 2/cell.

I still use my phone half the time so I'm glad i didn't get the air for it. Would have been to big for me although I do like the big screen. Would rancher it just be an output minitor I can look at.

When you say with cellular, do you have to have the ipad connected to your phone plan, or will the gps work without it? Is this an example of the model you are refering to? Sorry for the noob question, just want to make sure I am getting the right one...
Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display ME276LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black with Space Gray
No, it's just the cell versions of iPads are only ones that have a GPS reciever built into the iPad.

You have GPS in the bird but not at your ground station for things like follow me, or to change your honepoint at you once the bird is up (to set it well anyway).

No, you don't need to activate a line. I haven't.

Does the NvidiaShield K1 have gps?
Yes it does and it's a very good overall tablet for the Phantom. I use it myself and love it!

Does the NvidiaShield K1 have gps?
As @Stewkur noted, yes it does and its a great tab.

I'll just add that almost all android tabs have GPS. Its just the iPads that may or may not have GPS. If its the cellular version, it has GPS. If the wifi only version it doesnt and will not allow use of any of the optional features that require GPS at your controller.

Thanks for the info. Will probably go that route since I have an iPad mini (orig version) and don't have a need to upgrade to a 4. Plus I like the idea of having a dedicated tablet. Just 3 more days before I pull the trigger on a P3A... Unless I talk myself into a P3P. Which I don't need. Right?

Thanks for the info. Will probably go that route since I have an iPad mini (orig version) and don't have a need to upgrade to a 4. Plus I like the idea of having a dedicated tablet. Just 3 more days before I pull the trigger on a P3A... Unless I talk myself into a P3P. Which I don't need. Right?

Only you can answer that...

The Pro has:
1. 4K Camera.
2. 100w Charger (faster charging)
3. 10mbps Video Downlink vs 2mbps on the Advanced

If you are going to buy a 100w charger eventually anyways or think you might have buyers remorse about the 4K camera then I would go for it.
Also the decision about 4K shouldn't be whether or not you will use 4K or whether people will watch 4K, it should be about the editing.
There are editing advantages of shooting in 4K and then down sampling to 1080P etc. Also you can zoom into sections of the video with more clarity.

Only you can answer that...

The Pro has:
1. 4K Camera.
2. 100w Charger (faster charging)
3. 10mbps Video Downlink vs 2mbps on the Advanced

If you are going to buy a 100w charger eventually anyways or think you might have buyers remorse about the 4K camera then I would go for it.
Also the decision about 4K shouldn't be whether or not you will use 4K or whether people will watch 4K, it should be about the editing.
There are editing advantages of shooting in 4K and then down sampling to 1080P etc. Also you can zoom into sections of the video with more clarity.
+1. Good explanation

You'd be wrong and not just the normal kind of wrong either........
Overall, when considering everything from security to quality, nothing else is close to Apple devices.
Ever wonder why the FBI can't crack an old iPhone 5c?
sorry to say you're wrong again iPhones do not have the best screen on the market iPhones don't have the best camera on the market nexus 6 the best camera I think right now on them on any phone is the Nexus 6 but actually I did pick one of them up just because it doesn't come with all the crap where and I'm so happy with this phone more than anything I've had Apple doesn't give you any way to add more storage that's b******* so like I said if you want to pay for Apple tax that's up to you but I spend my money wisely I have enough of it enough to really not worry about but I always look at as the better I spend my money the more I can buy. Another thing that really sucks is you can only use one computer to sync up all tablet, phone content sync up.so when you on the road with you laptop you out of luck. so if you buy a 16 gig tablet from Apple you're stuck with 16 gigs unless you want to pay for the 32 gig tablets which16 gigs will cost you a hundred bucks for that really actually cost is about $8 so if you like to waste your money go right ahead. I much rather put the money I save in the bank for retirement. I did retire at the age of 45. So I must of done alot of things the smart way.

You'd be wrong and not just the normal kind of wrong either........
Overall, when considering everything from security to quality, nothing else is close to Apple devices.
Ever wonder why the FBI can't crack an old iPhone 5c?
please read up on something before you post and show you don't know what your talking about. It is because the other company's already let them in to keep us safe. I bet you think they are wanting to be able to see everything on our phones and from everyone? Then again you need to read up on exactly what the FBI is wanting to look at on your phone and from who. It is not just every American. If you took the time you spend on forums to learn and not just talk out you butt you would look like a person people want to hear from.

so if you buy a 16 gig tablet from Apple you're stuck with 16 gigs unless you want to pay for the 32 gig tablets
please read up on something before you post
Just so you know, follow your own advice before you dish it out. Apple doesn't make 32GB tablets. They make 16, 64, and 128 (iPad Pro is only 32 and 128).
Another thing that really sucks is you can only use one computer to sync up all tablet, phone content sync up.so when you on the road with you laptop you out of luck
That's not true; if you are only able to sync your Apple products to one computer with iTunes, you need some serious technical assistance.

Also, if you think the Nexus 6 is "the best phone on the market" you'd be wrong. THAT would be the Nexus 6P. Please heed your own device and do some research before you speak. And @Air Ontario never said anything about the iPhone's screen or camera, and the Nexus 6 is FAR from the best camera on the smartphone market right now (iPhone 6S Plus or Nexus 6P).

Best Camera Phone 2016 - Top-Rated Smartphone Cameras

I'm not hating or anything; but if you are going to tell other people to do research before speaking, you would be the greatest hypocrite I have ever had the displeasure of encountering.

Just so you know, follow your own advice before you dish it out. Apple doesn't make 32GB tablets. They make 16, 64, and 128 (iPad Pro is only 32 and 128).

That's not true; if you are only able to sync your Apple products to one computer with iTunes, you need some serious technical assistance.

Also, if you think the Nexus 6 is "the best phone on the market" you'd be wrong. THAT would be the Nexus 6P. Please heed your own device and do some research before you speak. And @Air Ontario never said anything about the iPhone's screen or camera, and the Nexus 6 is FAR from the best camera on the smartphone market right now (iPhone 6S Plus or Nexus 6P).

Best Camera Phone 2016 - Top-Rated Smartphone Cameras

I'm not hating or anything; but if you are going to tell other people to do research before speaking, you would be the greatest hypocrite I have ever had the displeasure of encountering.
Well said, well said.

Your welcome. It is refreshing to see someone who knows what they are talking about. And it is Slow Polk. As I live in Polk Co. Oregon. That is a common mistake so I am not being judgmental at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164